Chapter 1

**I'm in the middle of editing and combining chapters, so some chapters might be some blank pages at the end as I edit and condense the shorter chapters.**

---

"Mom, dad I'm home!" I toss the car keys in the bowl by the front door. They don't answer so I head to their room. She'll be happy to know my first outing with my friends I've had in months wasn't a complete disaster. A little awkward at first, but we soon slipped back into our normal selves. It was nice how easy it was to go back to everything. After grandma died I kind of took a hiatus from everything.

"Hey mom-" I freeze in the doorway to their room seeing a man hovering over her. His head whips around fear shooting through me as I watch the blood slide down his chin. My eyes follow it down all the way to his blood soaked shirt. His glowing red eyes watching me closely.

Before the thought even crosses my mind I spin on my heels running out of the room searching for a place to hide. Who was that? What was that? If I saw him he'll probably try to kill me too. Oh my god! I quickly dive under the kitchen table making sure that the table cloth covers me completely. It creates a cocoon of darkness around me. What the hell just happened? I pull my knees up to my chest and squeeze my eyes shut as he up turns furniture in the living room. My heart jumps in my throat. He's looking for me.

What am I doing? Why am I hiding? Because that guy has freaking red eyes that's why. I try to calm down pushing that thought to the back of my mind. This can't be happening? I'm dreaming, I have to be dreaming. They can't really be...dead.

Everything falls silent.

I peek out from under the table cloth and meet a pair of red eyes. I let out a yelp as I scramble backwards out from under the other side of the table. I back up to the cabinet feeling behind me for a handle. Got it! I open it and pull out a frying pan. The guy watches me curiously as I wield the pan like a bat. He takes a step towards me.

"Don't move! I will use this!" Hey puts his hands up in an I surrender gesture.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Hey says gently. Yeah, sure.

"You killed my parents!"

"No that wasn't me."

"Liar! Now get out of my house before I call the police." He shows no signs of moving. Will calling them even do anything? He's already found me, he'd probably kill me before they got here. I quickly open a drawer and pull out a knife, pointing it at him as I move closer. Adrenaline courses through me overpowering my fear.

"Whoa! Calm down. I'm trying to help you." Hey says soothingly. I want to believe him. In the back of my head I know there's something about him that's different. The blood on his chin is gone. I shake my head moving closer and he takes a big step back into the living room stumbling over a chair and falling to the floor. "Watch out!"

I scream as someone grabs me from behind. He wraps his hand around mine that's holding the knife. I close my eyes trying to pull away as the knife pierces the skin on my neck. Searing pain makes my knees want to buckle, but he holds me tightly against him

"Move and she dies." The guy behind me snarls. I open one eye to see what the guy in front of me will do. At first I thought his glare was directed at me, but as his eyes met mine they soften. Was he really trying to help me? I'm such an idiot! He was trying to save me from this guy. He doesn't even have any blood on him.

"Close your eyes." The guy in front of me says.

"What are you planning?" The other guy says putting more pressure on the knife. I close my eyes trying not to think about the warm blood that's now running down my neck. If he presses much harder I'm dead. My head spins. I can feel the blood from his shirt soaking the back of my shirt. Their blood.