Chapter 33

PETER

I fend off the couple of guys that get through the others and glance at Xavier. They have us in the back since we're newly changed. I want to complain but I also know better than to argue with them. I don't know if I could win a fight with a vampire that's thousands of years old. Ian sighs and leans against a tree. I look up as a shadow covers the sky.

"What the hell is that?" Xavier says moving closer to me. The huge inky blob slowly covers the sky above us. Bight dots appear through the darkness before shooting out. The ground shakes as the beams of light hit the ground. The dots of light cluster together in the sky gradually forming a bigger beam of light.

"Run." I say as the beam of light extends in our direction. I don't know if that can kill us but I'm not taking any chances. The light is almost growing faster than we can run. A roar erupts behind us before we're sent flying. I slam into something hard and I can feel darkness surrounding me.

ARABELLA

The ground shakes and dust falls from the ceiling.

"What was that?" I ask resting my hand on the wall to steady myself. I hope the others are okay. I hate that I don't know what's going on up there.

The farther we go down the tunnel the smaller the walk way gets. What's that smell? It looks as if someone carved this path right through the stone. Theo insisted on going first and I can't see anything in front of him. I touch the smooth surface of the walls and pull my hand back. The wall is wet with...blood. I want to wipe my hand off but it seems that the whole wall is covered in blood.

"Theo." I say. This doesn't seem right. I feel like we're walking right into a trap.

"I know." He says. He turns and gives me a reassuring smile before continuing. I don't know how he can be so confidant. I wonder if he's secretly freaking out. It's possible he's seen worse than this.

By the time the tunnel opens up we're covered in blood. Theo got the worst of it since he was in front. This room also looked like it was man made, but much bigger. I don't see another opening leading out of the room. This is all just a dead end. What was the point of building this place. Maybe we missed something on the way in. It doesn't look like there's anyone in this room either.

"Arabella." I turn to Theo. I don't like his tone. "I need you to slowly walk back the way we came." I glance around the room again. I still can't see anything so why is he being weird.

"What is it?" The shadows on the wall start to move forming a person. Theo moves closer to me pushing me back towards the way we came. The figure is dressed in a black trench coat with a hat that had dark lace all around it so that their face is covered. I can't even tell if they're male or female. "Who is that?"

"Bella go. Go get someone else." He pushes me towards the way we came again, but his eyes never leave the figure. Why is he being so weird. I can just freeze time and we can both escape.

"I can help. Let-"

"It won't work on them, please just go. Fast!" He shouts the last part as the person lunges. They're fast, but not as fast as a vampire. Instead of arguing I take off down the narrow walkway moving as fast as the small space allows. I don't want to leave him but something doesn't feel right about that figure. I can hear the sounds of their fight echoing down the hall. Soon after the walkway opens up I run into Alexander and Vlad. I'm sure I look a mess all covered in blood.

"Theo's in trouble. Some figure just materialized out of the shadows." Vlad pushes past me and takes off the way I came.

"Shit." Alexander says moving to follow him.