Chapter 41

ARABELLA

I wonder if after this it will finally be done. No more war or running away. Just me and Theo living out our lives together. That's all I really want. I'm a vampire but it still feels like we're running out of time. I can't help but feel we will never get the chance to live our lives. I deserve to be happy and so does Theo. Don't I deserve to fight for that freedom and happiness and yet I have done nothing since they agreed to help me. All I've done is sit here while the guys make preparations.

The front door bursts open and I jump to my feet. A woman in a black cloak is shoved through the door by Alexander. She stumbles forward almost loosing her balance. Despite her arms being tied behind her back she manages to keep her balance.

"Look who I found trying to sneak on the property." He says venom in his voice. The other guys appear in the living room. "Maybe we can get something out of her." She snarls at him.

"Like I'd tell you anything."

"We'll see about that." He takes her down to the basement, Joey following behind him.

"What are they going to do?" I ask Theo. I already know the answer. I know they're the enemy but the idea of torturing her makes me shiver. I know what it's like and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. "Can't we try something else?" He's already shaking his head.

"We need to know if any others know where we are." There has to be something else. I would be happy if this could all be over without anymore bloodshed, but I know that's impossible. If that's impossible than I'd at least like to reduce it.

"Let me talk to her." I say.

"She wants to kill you most of all. I can't-"

"I need you to trust me. I'm in this too and I want to help. I know you want to protect me, but you can't keep me out of this. I've been in this mess since my parents were murdered, there is no keeping me out of it." He sighs.

"I know." He follows me down into the basement. Thankfully the guys hadn't done much yet.

"I want to talk to her alone." Theo gives me a look. "She's tied up. What is she going to do?" The vampire hunter glares in my direction. They guys all share a look before leaving. I pull up a near by chair and set it in front of her. I hope this works.

"Why do you hate vampires so much. You are half, aren't you?" She doesn't answer but continues to glare. I concentrate on my surroundings and freeze time. She snarls.

"You're an abomination! How dare you use your evil magic near me!" She spits at me.

"It must suck. You were once human-"

"I am human!" I raise an eyebrow and lean forward.

"Not completely. And to think you might have had this." I unfreeze time. I just need her to get angry enough. "Or maybe something better, but no, you're stuck with a deformed face and resentment."

"I will kill you and when I'm done with you I will kill your friends." I laugh bitterly.

"And what does that accomplish? You can kill as many of us as you want, but you will never wipe us out. Besides, whether you like it or not you're one of us. Why can't we just live in peace?" She laughs now.

"We will never have peace. We won't stop until ever last one of you is dead." I lean back.

"And what of the deal now?" She sneers.

"We will never give into your kind again. If we hadn't have made peace to begin with you would already be dead. You just wait once your precious council is dead you will all scatter." I relax.