Chapter 53

Adrian visits me in my room again. He walks in and sits in his usual chair. I stand next to the window. It's the farthest I can be away from him. He hasn't asked me to do his bidding yet but I know it's coming. I know what their endgame is. They want all vampires dead especially those like me, but something about the way he acts towards me makes me wonder about him. He suddenly walks up to me and picks up a strand of my hair. He lets it slide through his finders before dropping his hand. When he does things like this it's almost as if he cannot help himself. He's a hunter. He hates vampires, but when he looks at me I can see something there. It's not love, he's incapable of that. Still I may be able to use this against him. I grab a strand of his long hair and mimic his actions. His eyes slip shut savoring my touch as I caress his cheek. His slap comes out of no where and I stumble backwards. I hold my cheek. He may not be a vampire but he has the strength of one.

"Don't ever touch me again." And he's gone. I sit on the window ceil with a sigh. So he doesn't want to like me. Still he reacted and that's all I needed to know. If I can just get him to like me enough he could let down his guard.

The next few times Adrian comes to see me it's just to bring me blood. Again it's just enough to stay alive. Ever since I became a vampire I've known this hunger. At least this time they aren't trying to get me to kill someone I love. I need him to let down his guard down again but he won't let me get close enough. He's gone as quickly as he comes.

"Adrian." I say next time he brings me blood. "Stay please. I haven't talked to anyone in weeks."

"And what would I possibly have to say to you?" He closes the door and turns to me.

"I don't know...slim chance you'll tell me where we are?" He shakes his head. "What about what you want from me?"

"You'll know soon enough." I have to stop myself from crossing the room and strangling him. I have to make him think I like him. Let's see how much he likes me. I lie on the bed propping my head on my elbow letting my shirt hitch up a little to show off my abdomen. I'm surprised when he crosses the room and pins me on my back. He lifts my shirt farther and traces the scar there. "Who did this to you?" I resist the urge to push him off me. Instead I force myself to relax.

"Doesn't matter. They're dead." A smile tugs at the corner of his mouth. He touches the scar on my face.

"I didn't know vampires could scar."

"If it's deep enough..." I reach up and touch the scar on my face. "It makes me feel so...human." He leans down so our faces are inches apart while he stares into my eyes.

"Do you miss it?"

"Sometimes." But if I was human I wouldn't be able to be with Theo anymore. This is a small price to pay for him.

"You could be human again you know?" I can't hide my surprise. "You miss it more than you care to admit. I could give your humanity back to you." Human again? That's not possible. He's just toying with me. I glare at him and push him off me.

"Let's say you are telling the truth." I say getting off the bed. "Can you turn a full blooded vampire human?"

"Don't know. We haven't tried yet."

"Why not? Can you be human again?"

"Yes."

"Then why are you still this way." He stands and walks towards the door.

"Because my work isn't done yet, and neither is yours." He leaves and I feel like I've been slapped in the face. He's dangles the possibility of being human again in my face and snatched it away. Why does that make me feel so empty? Would I actually do it? Being a vampire wasn't my choice. Would Theo choose this if he could. I wish I could see him. I need him to remind me why I want this. He's the one I do this for. I close my eyes and when I open them again Alexander and Joey are standing him front of me. I can't believe this. I throw my arms around them.

"Uh Theo, this is more than a little weird." Alexander says trying to push me away. I let them go and look down at myself. I'm in Theo's body.

"Bella?" Joey asks. This isn't exactly what I had in mind when I wanted to see him.

"Yeah." I look around. Theo must have met back up with them after I got captured. I spot my friends off the side. Good they're all okay. All except Peter.

"What happened? Where are you?"

"After the hunters ambushed us Peter found me and we went to see Nathaniel. We were too late. Adrian was already there. Nathaniel and Peter are alive but the hunters have taken us. I can't do anything or they'll kill Peter." My eyes widen. "No, if they know what I've done who knows what they'll do to him. I have to go back."

"Just calm down. Can you tell me anything about where you are?" The only thing I can give them is a description of the house we're in.

"Tell Theo I love him."

______________

Whooo! My writers block has faded enough to get something down. Hopefully I won't get stumped again and I can wrap Arabella and Theo's story up. Thanks for reading :)