Chapter 54

THEO

I look around and Alexander and Joey are no longer there. I'm in a bedroom somewhere. I grab my stomach as hunger gnaws at me. Bella? I lift my shirt and find the long scar there. She's switched bodies with me again. They're starving her, keeping her weak. I growl. I wish I could hear her thoughts while in her body. I move to the window and look around. There's nothing to give away where she is. The window easily slides open and when I try the door it isn't locked. If she can just leave like this something must be keeping her here. This must be where Peter is. Maybe she was right about staying friends with them. She could have tried to escape by now. Should I explore the house? No, she'd never forgive me if I let something to happen to Peter.

I don't think there's anything she wanted me to see. The room is quiet and there isn't a note anywhere. I didn't know she could do this when she isn't touching me. The door into the room opens and Adrian steps in. It takes everything in me not to kill him. There's no doubt he'd hurt her if he knew what she did. Besides in this state her body is in no condition to fight. They made sure of that. He reaches out and strokes her cheek. Anger flairs in me and he pulls away when he sees my face.

"You're not still mad about what I said earlier, are you? It's not my fault you can't handle the truth." What did he say? I can't ask without raising suspicion.

"I don't believe you." He scoffs.

"It was written all over your face. You want it. You long to be human again." My knees almost buckle. She wants to be human? I know she didn't turn by choice, but I thought she'd come to terms with it. I thought she liked being one now. "When this is all over I'll give it to you."

"What?" The next thing I know I'm back with Alexander and Joey. "Dammit!" Do they really have someone that can do that? Would she? I can't lose her but I can't deny her that if it's what she really wants. I run my hands through my hair. He'll be giving her the one thing I can't.

ARABELLA

Theo must have kept a low profile while here. I thought for sure he'd try to kill Adrian and find a way out. I doubt my body would have done much for him. It's been a little over a month since he brought me here and I've had very little to eat.

Adrian is being as confusing as ever. One minute he's acting like he could like me then the next he's treating me like an abomination. Today he's choosing to like me. I just drank the blood he gave me but it's never enough I close my eyes and breath in his scent. As much as I hate to admit it he smells really good. When I open my eyes he's watching me. The disgust in his eyes angers me. Well of course I'm hungry. He's the one that's starving me. He gets up and moves towards the door sending his scent wafting towards me. I can't control myself and I'm across the room in a second. He easily spins me around pinning my arms above my head and using his body to hold me in place. It's unnecessary. I'm too weak to do much. In fact he moved me so fast my head is really spinning.

"Don't ever try that again." Being this close to him only makes things worse. I can't stop my fangs from sliding out.

"I can't help it." I breath closing my eyes. "You smell so good and someone" I say opening my eyes again to glare at him. "is starving me."

"So you'll drink from me when you're starving but not him?" I blink.

"What are you talking about?" He can't know about that. He sneers at me.

"You don't think we know how you were created? Did you think we hated you because you're a vampire? It's more than that. Everything about you is repulsive. Falling in love with a vampire, a human." He glances at my fangs.

"You're one to talk." His body stiffens.

"I don't love a vampire." He may not love me but he has feelings for me, and it kills him. He can't hate me for loving Theo when he likes me. There's got to be some way I can use this against him.

"Have you ever been bitten by a vampire?" He moves away a little. "Loving them only makes it feel so...good." He glances at my fangs again. He can't help but be curious. "I'll believe you don't have feeling for you if I bite you and you feel nothing." He backs away completely now.

"You're crazy if you think I'll let you bite me." I step closer to him closing the distance he put between us.

"Aren't you curious? All this time hating vampires and you've never been bitten? You don't know what you're missing. I put my lips on his neck fully prepared for him to lash out at me, but he doesn't move. I slide my tongue up his neck until I find his pulse just below his jawline. I shiver at his rapidly beating pulse and put my arms around him. I won't let him get away from me now that I'm so close. I waste no time in sinking my fangs into his neck. To my surprise when I start drinking he doesn't pull away but pulls me closer. This is different from when I drank from Theo. That felt good, this is just...food. I can't say the same for Adrian. The more I drink the closer he tries to get to me. He lets out a moan and I pull away. What am I doing? He could kill Peter because of what I've just done. His eyes are hooded as he sways on his feet.

"I'm sorry." I lead him to the bed so he doesn't fall over, but he pulls me down on top of him. I've had enough blood to push him away but I don't dare. I need to appease him now. I still don't know where they're keeping Peter. He rolls us so he's on top of me and his lips crash against mine his hands roaming everywhere. I kiss him back halfheartedly, but he doesn't seem to notice. All he's concerned about it getting as much of me as possible. I know the feeling. He moves to unhook my bra.

"Adrian." He pauses his eyes meeting mine. As he stares at me I can see the fog lifting. He doesn't move but just stares at me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." He scrambles off the bed and to the door. "A-adrian please. I won't do it again. Please don't hurt him." He doesn't say anything and leaves. I can't believe I've risked Peter's life for a little blood.