Chapter 8

A week has gone by since Theo left. Peter and I have been busying ourselves with card games and Tv. I'm even trying to lean French. Since I am no longer going to school I can't help but feel I should be learning something new. I flip over the flash cards I made for myself. Wrong again. I swear I could see the same word five times in a row and not remember it. Geez. I throw the pile of cards onto the coffee table and they keep sliding until they fall off the other side. Peter snickers from the arm chair.

I leave them and stare at the front door. There's nothing like having too much time on your hands. Being shut in for over a week sucks. I don't ask for much. I should be able to go when I want. Besides if I have Peter with me none of the other vampires in the building will bother us. It can't hurt to go out just for a little while.

"Hey Peter?" He hums in response not looking up from his book. "What if we go out?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"That's like the one thing Theo told you not to do." I move to sit on the arm of his chair.

"Yeah, but it's the one thing he knew I'd want to do."

"So you're doing this because he told you not to?"

"No. I just want to get out of here. I think I'm getting cabin fever. Please." I clasp my hands together and widen my eyes. I need this.

"I don't know." I pout and he sighs looking away from me. "Fine, but the others are coming. The more of us there are the better off we'll be. He pulls out his phone and I run to my room to change out of my pj's. I slide into some skinny jeans and a plain t-shirt before heading out. The others meet us in the lobby of the building.

"Just mini golf, then we come straight back." I nod. It's better than nothing, and I've never been mini golfing before. All of us pile into a cab, well except for Valentina. I think Peter chose mini golf because it was close to the apartment. I feel a little bad for even asking this of him. I know Theo will throw a fit if he finds out we left, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

---

The fourth hole in and I'm already in last place. The sun is setting and the golf course is lit up with colorful lights. They really went all out. There were trees that lines the path with pirates and monkeys hanging from them. You couldn't really see anything except for the course you were on. This place even has a pirate theme and gave out eye patches to make the course harder. Guin pulls hers off.

"I can't wear that any longer." She says as she steps up for her turn. Xavior stands next to me his hand brushing mine. I hadn't seen him since Theo kicked him out that day. One of the other rules Theo made was that I wasn't allowed to have visitors. Guess what Theo. I'm out and I'm hanging out with friends.

Ian takes his turn and the others move on to the next hole. Xavior grabs my hand and holds me back. Our group was the only one on the course. I watch as the others disappear down the path.

"I've been wanting to talk to you..." I turn to Xavior. Yeah me too. Theo is not much of a conversationalist. "I don't know if you noticed, but I...I like you." Right. Theo said the same thing. I give him a small smile encouraging for him to go on. "Well things around here are already weird. You know being stuck with vampires and all...I just think that we should enjoy the normal moments as they come along...." He suddenly grabs my other hand and pulls me into a kiss. Kissing him felt right. He's right. It would be nice just to have a normal relationship.

Something rustles in the trees and we both pull away. My face heats up and I can't look at him. Xavior's cute, really really cute. I never dated that many guys in the past. I don't really know what to do now.

"Let's keep this our little secret for now....I do like you Arabella." I grab his hand and pull him towards the others. I can't bring myself to tell him I like him too. I don't know that my feelings for him go beyond being friends. I hardly know him, but I would be willing to give this a try. I give his hand a light squeeze before releasing it.