Chapter 58

ARABELLA

"With your power and his." He gestures to the brown haired vampire next to him. He doesn't look at me. "We can make every vampire human. I can think of no better fate for them than growing old and dying." I try to move to Theo, but Adrian steps between us. Alexander pulls me back before he can touch me. "For yours I might make an exception." He pulls Theo up by his hair and presses a knife to his throat. Joey and Alexander grab my arms before I can move.

"Please, please don't hurt him. I'll do whatever you want." All three guys say my name at the same time. I won't live if Theo really dies anyway, but I haven't had enough time with him. We haven't even really gotten to live together. Adrian smiles and holds his hand out to me.

"Bella please, let me go. You have to let me go." Tears spring to my eyes. I can't, but if I can just get to him I can change him back. Theo is my weakness, but I am Adrian's. If I could bite him or something I could give the others enough time to get Theo away. Adrian is alone in here and Theo is the only thing keeping the others from attacking him.

"Stupid plan Bella." Alexander says quietly. I give him an apologetic smile before freezing him and Joey. Just until I can get away from them. I step out of their grasp.

"You can't kill him. You let him go so he can live out his life, and you call off the others outside."

"Let him go so you're friends can change him back. No, I'll think I'll keep him. Now if your cooperate then I'll gladly tell the others to stop. We'll start here and change them all. It will be our first conquest together."

"Bella no. It's-" Adrian hits Theo on the head and he falls to the ground. He's knocked out but I can still see he's breathing. I take Adrian's hand and he pulls me against him. He brushes his fingers against my cheek.

"I missed you." I spent so much time with him and somewhere he grew on me and I did miss him too. He's become family, a twisted family. I hug him. I wonder if he wasn't a hunter if we could have been friends? He hesitates before hugging me.

"I'm sorry." I say as I pull away. His eyes widen in surprise as Alexander pulls the sword out of him. His knees buckles and I help him to the floor. Tears sting my eyes. "Come here." I say to the brown haired vampire. "Change him. Make him human before he dies." Adrian grips my hand. The vampire quickly comes to his side and lays a hand on Adrian's arm. He tenses as pain shoots through him. His eyes meet mine.

"Thank you." He says before he goes limp. I wipe away my tears and stand.

"Only you." Joey says sighing. A hunter growls from behind us. She shoves me out of the way and falls beside Adrian. Joey goes to kill her put I put my hand out to stop him.

"What did you do?" She pauses and looks him over. "He's...human." Her eyes scan us before landing on me. "You." I recognize her. She was there the first time I was captured by them. She wanted to kill me but Adrian wouldn't let her.

"I couldn't let him die like that." She stands and approaches me, but Theo blocks her path.

"Theo." I breathe.

"She showed him great respect, something none of you deserve after what you did to her. Call this whole thing off. We go our separate ways. We take care of ours that don't follow the rules and you take care of yours." She picks up his body and pauses in front of us on her way out.

"Consider it done." She turns back to me. "My brother, I didn't want him to die and I can't forgive you for killing him, but I'm grateful you didn't let him die part vampire." With that she's gone. I throw my arms around Theo and he grunts.

"Sorry." I'm so used to him being a vampire, I might have hugged him a little too hard. It makes me nervous that he's so fragile. I need him to be a vampire again as soon as possible. "Let's get out of here and change you back." He grabs my hand and pulls the vampire that made him human closer to us.

"Wait...I heard when he offered to make you human. If that's what you really want We can change you now and I'll live the rest of my life as a human with you." My mouth opens but nothing comes out. For me to be human again is nothing. It was all I'd known until I met Theo. I could accept that I might not have lived to be one hundred. But for him...it's taking thousands of years away from him.

"Theo." I pull him to me for a kiss. "I don't know what to say. I can't even believe you'd sacrifice so much for me, but I can't imagine not living forever with you. I admit I've thought about it but I want a long life with you, one that we haven't been able to have yet. Let's go home and change you back." I take his hand. Outside the hunters are gone and the vampires that are left have gathered around waiting for us to come out. This is going to be the start of a better life. I can't wait to see the new world that comes from this. Finally after years of fighting we can finally live.