Chapter 7

For the next few days I avoid Theo as much as possible. If he doesn't want me here then I'll make him feel like I'm not. I leave my room only to eat. He doesn't try to talk to me but always sits there reading that stupid book. I know he isn't used to humans, but he should know better than to be an ass all the time. A knock on my door brings me out of my thoughts.

"Go away Theo." I growl. The door opens and I turn my back to him.

"It's Xavier." He says closing the door behind him. "I take it you guys aren't getting along too well." I shrug. I feel him sit on the bed.

"He let you in?"

"Yeah. He doesn't know what to do with you."

"Well he should know that he needs to talk to me himself and not send someone in for him!" I shout turning to Xavier. He holds his hands up.

"Whoa I'm not the one you're mad at."

"Sorry." I sigh.

"What happened?"

"It's stupid...I don't want to be here and he doesn't want me here. I know my parents would be happy I'm alive, but what's the point in living if I'm just going to be miserable." He moves closer to me.

"Don't say that. It'll get better."

"Easy for you to say. You aren't stuck with Theo."

"He's just not used to humans. I mean all he hangs around is Colette."

"I know but still..." I look down thinking about what happened in the car.

"Hey." Xavier says putting his hand on my cheek and making me look at him. "You have me and the others. Don't let Theo bring you down." I stare into his green eyes our faces inches apart. Someone clears their throat and I awkwardly turn to see Theo .

"Time to go." Xavier sighs and stands up. Why does he keep treating me like a child? I won't let him keep controlling me like this.

"Maybe I want him to stay." They both look at me in surprise. "Why do you get to decide when my friends go?" He frowns.

"This is my house and you will follow my rules." I glare at him. Why even invite him here if he's just going to kick him out.

"I didn't ask to live here. You could have left me there." He gives me a weird look before covering it with a glare.

"Well you are here and you will obey me." I'm not a child and I'm not going to stand here and let him treat me like one. I don't have to stay here. I grab Xavier's hand and pull him with me while I push past Theo.

"I don't have to stay here."

"Actually you do. You have nowhere else to go. I know who keeps Xavier and she does not like visitors. Xavier, leave before I get her." He quickly lets go of my hand before leaving quietly. He actually left me?

"Why do you have to be like that? Why can't I be happy?"

"He's using your hate for me to get with you." I open my mouth then close it. What? Is that really why Theo doesn't like him? I can't keep myself from laughing. Seriously. He looks at me alarmed.

"You're jealous." I tease moving closer. Surely that's not true. but it would explain his behavior lately.

"I don't get jealous." He says indignantly. Why would he be jealous...unless. There's no way. I guess I can always find out. I close the space between us and wrap my arms around his neck. "W-what are you doing?" He stutters trying to pull away, but he's too afraid of hurting my wrists.

"Do you want to kiss me?" I say quietly, hoping I sound more confident than I felt. I've never done anything like this before. He stares down at me in silence. My heart races as he glances down at my lips. Is it me or is he moving closer? He suddenly pulls away.