Chapter 9

If I can just stall them long enough for the rest of them to get far enough away I will be happy. Theo isn't supposed to be back for another week so there's no way he would know to come back. Guess I'm going to finally get what I want. The vampire growls when I don't answer and and pulls me up by my hair.

"Answer me! Where is he!" He throws me roughly to the side and I crash into the coffee table. I turn away from him and lift myself up. He kicks me in the back and I fall to my hands and knees. "I will not ask again." He pushes me face down into the ground with his foot. I can hardly breath.

"He's away!" I shout. I really hope the others are far enough away. They might get pissed at me and go after them anyway.

"Where?"

"I...don't...know." I gasp out.

"Come on man. Just kill her. He's gotta live here or close by. We'll just wait him out." The other guy had been pretty quiet throughout all this. He must not be the leader of the group. The guy above me growls but removes his foot.

"Very well. I will give you one last chance to tell me where he is." He says yanking me up my arm and tilting my head to the side, exposing my neck.

"I'm right here." I painfully jerk my head to look in the doorway. There he was chest heaving eyes bright red. The guy drops me and I collapse to the floor. I crawl away to the bathroom and lock myself inside. He's back. He's actually back. I lean against the door listening to the muffled grunts of the other men. I have no doubt in my mind that Theo will fend them off.

I put my hand to my throat and close my eyes. Guinevere's wide eyed head pop into my mind. Poor Guin. This is all my fault. If I had just died with my parents she would still be alive. If I'd never gone out...I pull my knees to my chest as my body starts to shake uncontrollably. This isn't right.

The apartment grows silent. I open my eyes and stare at the bathtub, remembering the day Theo and I fell. Things were bad back then, but they do not compare to things now. Theo tries to open the bathroom door. I hear him sigh.

"Let me in Bella." No. I just want to sit here and forget about everything. If I sit here long enough maybe I can pretend that none of that happened. How had they found us anyway? There's no way they could have tracked me all the way from my house. Could they? "Move away from the door." I sluggishly move to sit in the shower. I close the foggy small door and sit on the tiled floor. It was square and fit perfectly into the corner of the bathroom.

I turn the water on cold. Wake up Arabella. I need to snap out of this and make sure the others are okay. My head is foggy and my body won't stop shaking. Wake up. I think as I hear the door bang open. I can just make out Theo's silhouette through the foggy glass. I want to him to go away and leave me alone but at the same time I want to jump into his arms and just let it all out. He pauses in front of the shower.

He opens the door slowly and takes me in. I'm sure I look like mess. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the blood vessels had popped in my eyes. That guy felt like he was crushing my windpipe. He turns off the water and gently places his hand under my chin making me tilt my head up. My heads pounding and I'm growing more nauseous by the minute. I stand quickly, biting my lip to keep myself from yelping. My whole body aches and moving my neck in anyway hurts. I push past Theo and to the toilet.

All I can do is dry heave and cry as I lean over the toilet. Sobs escape me and my throat protests with every sound. The pain is almost unbearable and the room around me is darkening. It's like I'm passing out, but I can still move my body. Theo places a hand on my back moving it in circles.

"You need to calm down. You're going to make yourself pass out." I sniffle and try to stifle my sobs. After a little while I lean back and wipe off my mouth. I hadn't actually thrown up at all. If I listen carefully I can hear the low murmur of conversation outside the bathroom. "It's just some doctors and....the clean up team." So they're getting rid of her body. "Come on you need to go see the doctor." I shake my head, and immediately regret it.