Chapter 61

ARABELLA 

I watch Theo from across the room as he throws away the last of the wrapping paper. I'd no idea Theo was so popular. There were more gifts than there were people at the ceremony. He glances my way, smiling when he catches me watching him.

It's hard to believe we've come full circle. I started my life with him here and after years of running around we've finally made it back. This place still makes me a little uncomfortable, but I know Theo and I will make new memories here. Before I know it the good will outweigh the bad. We decided not to go anywhere on our honeymoon. After running around so much it feels nice to just stay in one place. We both glance at the door when someone knocks.

"Peter." I say happy to see him but no one was supposed to bother us for the next week. He rubs the back of his neck.

"Hey, I didn't want to bother you but it's Colette." Theo appears next to me.

"What about her?" Last I checked Peter said she was locked up.

"She wants to see you guys. I told her to wait but she says it's important." I don't know if I care what she wants. She's tried to kill me on multiple occasions and she's Theo's ex. "I know it's a lot to ask but she's been doing so much better and when she asked for you it was the sanest I've seen her in awhile." The way he said that seems weird. He's mentioned before that she's been through something. I think for Peter we should go. He wouldn't be asking if it didn't mean something to him.

"Fine, for you." I say before Theo turns him down.

"Thanks, if she's a bitch you can just leave, but it means a lot that you would even go."

---

"This is locked up?" I ask looking at the nice apartment complex.

"Well there were so many prisoners they didn't have enough room to lock them all up. A lot of the lower profile ones who could be rehabilitated were moved here. They still aren't allowed to leave." Now that I look closer there's guards at every exit and a fence that surrounds the whole building. I guess this makes sense. I mean a lot of the vampires like me were happy to switch sides, but there were still a lot that refused to give up.

We quickly park and head for the entrance. Already there's a commotion ahead of us. They're trying to be quiet but they're too excited.

"No seriously, dude, it's them." One of the guards says into his intercom. Who's them? I glance around but there's no one here but us. "Just come down and see for yourself if you don't believe me." He loops the com back on his belt as we approach. Before we can say anything another guard bursts through the door.

"Woah you weren't kidding!" The guy that just came out walks up to me. He's so excited he doesn't doesn't notice how uncomfortably close he is. "Are you really the Bella?" I glance at Theo. He doesn't move but I can tell he's not happy.

"I don't know about the Bella, but I am Arabella." He must be thinking of someone else. He grabs my hand and the other guard moves closer.

"You're like a legend. Stories about you are spreading like wildfire! Tell me, can you really freeze time? Were you really a human?" My eyes widen. I'm not sure what to do with this information. "Did they torture you before-" Theo steps in front of me forcing the guy to let go of my hand.

"That's enough." I sag in relief. I wasn't sure what I could tell this guy to make him stop asking so many questions. There's just no way they can be talking about me. Then again no one else can freeze time. Everything felt so personal when it was happening it never occurred to me that other people would care.

"That makes you Theo" The first guard pipes in. "You're one lucky guy. I wish I had a girl that would risk everything for me."

"You guys are amazing! Congratulations on the wedding!"