Chapter 3

It's been a couple weeks since I've been here and I swear I'm going to die of boredom. All there is to do is sit around and watch TV which doesn't have a single English channel. Thank god for subtitles. I tried looking for a news channel that may have some news about my parents but I don't even think we're in the United States anymore. I finally gave up looking and turn off the TV looking around the living room. I've been living off a diet of peanut butter sandwiches and water. I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza by myself.

Theo comes and goes but he'll never tell me where he's going. So I'm here alone most of the time. I admit at night I have nightmares about my parents death and I wake up drenched in sweat. The first night it happened I'd knocked on Theo's door. He wasn't there. He's not here most nights. I wouldn't doubt he's with Colette. Ugh. I don't know how he can stand being around her. I haven't seen her or that guy since my first night here either. I kind of miss his company. He's the only other human I've seen around here. I jump off the couch when the front door opens.

"Finally." I grumble when I see Theo walk in. He looks at me curiously before heading to his room. I follow. I'm only a little embarrassed that I follow him around like a puppy dog when he's here. I can't seem to help myself, but I've been starved human contact for weeks at a time.

"I'm not staying." He says grabbing a coat out of his closet.

"Wait I need to talk to you." I mumble. He quickly walks towards me.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He startles me at how quicky he approached me and I hold my hands up.

"I'm fine...it's just boring here. Your TV isn't in English which is weird because you speak English...anyway do you have anything to eat besides peanut butter sandwiches?" I could go for anything else. Even fish and I hate fish.

"I thought you liked them?" He asks puzzled. This guy knows nothing about humans.

"I do but not all the time. I need variety. Besides I can't physically live off just peanut butter." I've tried to ignore it but the longer I only eat peanut butter sandwiches the weaker I feel. 

"Ok, I'll see what I can get you." I smile. Finally I'm getting somewhere.

"Thank you...so where are you going?" I wonder if he'd take me out with him. I'd love to get out of this room.

"On a date." I shudder thinking of Colette. Great another night alone. I sigh moping out of his room and flopping back down on the couch. On his way out the door he stops and looks at me. "I'll have Peter come up and keep you company." Before I can ask who that is he's gone.

Half an hour later there's a knock at the door. That must be Peter. I slowly get off the couch and make my way to the door. I hope this guys cute. I'd rather be nervous around a cute guy than thinking about what happened. I open the door and see the guy that showed me to the kitchen with four others. Theo only mentioned Peter.

"You gonna let us in, sweetheart?" Peter says. I step aside uncertainly. They all walk in carrying huge brown paper bags. I close the door behind them and I walk into the kitchen where they're all setting the bags down on the table.

"I didn't know your name was Peter..." I say trying to start a conversation and hoping he was Peter. I don't want to freak these people out by being too eager. They might not ever come back if I scare them off now.

"Right. I didn't get the chance to introduce myself. I'm Peter. That girl over there with the red hair is Valentina. The other is Guinevere." I smile weakly at them taking note that none of them have red eyes. He points to the guy with short brown hair. "That one's Ian, and that one's Xavier." Xavier walks up to me while the others begin unloading the bags.

"Nice hair." He says picking up a strand of my long black hair I can't seem to bring myself to look away from his green eyes. He circles around me. "Not bad for a human...I see why he brought you back." He's been spending way to much time with vampires. The way he looks at me is like I'm his prey.

"Leave her alone, Xavier." Guinevere laughs. I nearly drool when I see them pull out frozen pizza.

"Oh my god that looks soo good." I mumble. They all laugh.

"I take it you haven't had much variety around here. Theo's not all that great with humans." Guinevere smiles. Tell me about it. I've been bored out of my mind.

"Yeah, you're the first one he's actually taken. I doubt he knows anything about how to entertain you." Ian states. Really? I figured he did this sort of thing all the time. I think sarcastically. They all seem to know who Theo is, is he some kind of rock star or something?

"I heard Colette didn't take it too well." Valentina says glancing at Peter. He avoids my gaze. I wonder how long he's been here? There seems to be some kind of loyalty he has towards her, but I can tell he feels bad about what she did to me.

"Anyway, sorry for surprising you with so many people. It took me awhile to convince Theo that you needed more company. It can't be fun hanging around vampires all day." My eyes widen. That's the first time I actually heard someone say it aloud. "He's pretty protective of you, you know?" Peter finishes. Somehow I don't believe that. He's never here. He hasn't once asked how I am. I decide not to say anything about that.

"Let's get this party started." Valentina laughs throwing a CD into the stereo in the living room and turning up the volume full blast. My mouth falls open when Xavier pulls out three bottles of vodka. He then opens up a cabinet and pulls out six shot glasses. He fills them up and hands one to each of us.

"I've never drank before." I mumble looking at my shot glass uncertainly. My mother and father are...were against this kind of stuff.

"All the more reason to let loose!" Peter smiles. "Cheers!" They all drink and I follow. My eyes burn as I try to keep myself from coughing as it burns a path down my throat. Truth be told sitting here alone has not been all fun and games. When I can't find something to occupy my thoughts my mind wonders to that night. I've been trying not to let Theo know. Not that he's here enough to notice anyway. I'm hoping I will be able to leave when he thinks I'm fine. He really hasn't told me what I have to do to get out of here. I don't have anywhere to go, but anywhere is better than sitting in a building full of the thing that killed them. I wouldn't mind being numb for a little while.

Three shots later and I'm feeling amazing. For once my family isn't on my mind. In fact I can't even think straight. We danced half the night and played twister. Which if you've never played drunk you haven't lived. I couldn't even stop giggling long enough to hold myself up. I collapsed on the floor laughing and they all laugh falling to the ground too. The front door opens and Theo walks in. Oh, I haven't seen him this much since my first night here. I try to stand but I stumble and fall back down. It actually hurt that time but I couldn't stop laughing.

"Hey Theo." I slur from the floor. "How-" I quickly cover my mouth. Ohmygod it's coming back up! Theo picks me up and rushes me to the bathroom. I throw up everything as Theo holds my hair back.

"Is she okay?" I hear Peter ask. I wanted to die from embarrassment.

"She'll be fine. Clean up and leave." I sit in the bathroom for hours puking my guts out and the whole time he stayed with me. Even though I'd told him a million times that he didn't have to. He insisted he should stay. It was kinda sweet.

"How was your date?" I ask slumping down to the floor.

"Fine." He mumbles. I giggle. I wouldn't like dating her either. My head still feels fuzzy and I can't really think straight. At least for now my stomach seems to have calmed down and the room isn't spinning too much anymore.

"Why so serious?" I slur laughing again. He sighs heavily when I try to stand again. This bathroom floor is so uncomfortable I just want to lie in bed. I actually manage to stand this time but as soon as I take a step forward the world starts spinning again, my wobbly legs give out and I fall into Theo. He's not expecting it and we both tumble into the bathtub. I catch a smile on his face.

"Haha! There's that smile I've been waiting for."

"Are you okay?" He asks. Thankfully I landed on top of him. Hmm he smells so good. I run my hands through his silky black hair. It's just as soft as it looks. He closes his eyes and I smile not expecting that kind reaction from him.

"You know, you smell really good." He laughs making his whole chest vibrate under me. "You should laugh more often." I smile. This is the closet I've been to anyone in forever. The contact in comforting and I find I want more. I know I should give up but I'm unwilling to give up this closeness just yet. I can't stop myself from staring at his soft pink lips. I lean my head down brushing my lips against his. His whole body tenses up.

"Theo?" Colette's shrill voice rings through the house. In seconds he's gone and I'm sitting alone in the bathtub. "Hello darling. I've been waiting for you. Why haven't you come to see me?" I could hear the whine in her voice.

"She's sick, I can't come over." I'm surprised to hear him say.

"You're ditching me for her! You don't even know her name! She can't mean that much to you!" I gotta give her that. I know his name and that's only because I've heard the others say it. He's never once asked mine. I was really going to kiss someone who didn't even know my name. What's wrong with me? I slowly climb out of the bathtub and walk to my room using the wall to keep myself steady. I close the door. I can't trust myself with him right now. I might just throw myself at him. The door to my room opens and I'm standing face to face with him.

"I'm sorry." He says unable to look at me. He's so handsome. The way his hair falls over his eyes. I involuntarily move closer to him. "I've been really rude to you...I'm just not used to having someone else around especially not a human.." He glances at me and I brush the hair out of his eyes. They're searching mine echoing the confusion I felt. "I'm Theo." He says staring into my eyes.

"Arabella." I mumble.

"Right..." He moves away. "I'll take you out tomorrow to get you the things you need. Goodnight, Arabella." He leaves quickly closing the door behind him.