Chapter 2

I peek my head out the door. Sitting in this room for god knows how long made me realize how hungry I am and I can't spend another minute in that room alone with my thoughts. No one's around so I step out, closing the door behind me. I have no idea if I'm in his house or if there's a bunch of others here. I glance to my left and right. They both look the same; doors lining the walls. Just a simple hallway. Which way do I go?

I turn down the hall to my left. I need to find stairs. A place like this should have signs or something. Surely I'll find some no matter witch way I go. I freeze as a door opens down the hall. I quickly duck inside the nearest room closing my eyes and leaning against the door. It was stupid of me to go wondering around when I have no idea what's here. Maybe I should go back to the room. Surely he'll be back soon. I let out a sigh of relief as I hear the footsteps fade away. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd recognize the door I came out of. They're all the same with no markings.

"Well what do we have here?" My eyes fly open. There's a guy standing right in front of me. "Sneaking around isn't a good idea here, sweetheart." Sweetheart? I take in his cool blue eyes and relax a little. He's not one of them. Was he taken here against his will too?

"I was...hungry." I mumble. I don't know why but I feel like I can trust him. His eyes briefly glance down to my neck before coming back up to meet mine.

"Are you supposed to be out of your room? Who brought you here?" He asks, casually, backing away. Embarrassment colors my cheeks. I didn't think much about the dangers of leaving the room. Maybe a part of me doesn't care what happens to me.

"I don't know his name...I'm not running away. I just want to find something to eat. He hasn't been back for awhile now." He smiles.

"You're lucky my...friend isn't here. Come on, I'll show you the way." Friend? The way he said it makes me think I really don't want to meet them. I quickly follow him as he walks around me and out the door. He turns left and walks all the way down the hallway then makes a right. We soon come upon a staircase. The stairs are just as plain as the hallways. Just wide enough that I can walk next to him. The farther we go down the more voices I can hear. I'm surprised whenever we pass someone they don't even glance our way. Something tells me that if I'd been alone they would have stopped me. Who is this guy?

At the bottom of the stairs is a huge foyer filled with people dressed in nice clothing. I also notice they all had those red eyes. He leads me through the crowd and I'm careful not to step on their nice dresses. I don't want to draw any unwanted attention. I'm relieved to find the kitchen is empty. They all look so normal compared to that guy. I shiver thinking of the man hovering over my mother. Glowing red eyes and covered in her blood...

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks steadying me when I sway on my feet.

"Yeah...I just need to eat something." He nods then goes through a door, coming back out with stuff to make a sandwich. I thank him and make myself a peanut butter sandwich.

We sit down at the small wooden table that sits against the wall. Now that I really look at him he's kinda cute. Blonde hair and sun kissed skin. I'm grateful for his help. He doesn't even know me and he helped without a second thought. The door into the kitchen bursts open making us both jump. It's the guy that brought me here. How did he find me? I glance at the guy sitting across from me. His face is pale and his eyes are wide. He looks like he's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you. You can't just wonder around this place like that. It's too dangerous..." He trails off seeing the guy with me. "Colette is looking for you."

"Right." Without another word the guy quickly gets up and leaves. I want to call after him, ask him not to leave me alone with this guy, but he's gone too quickly. Well I guess I can't count on him getting me out of here.

"What are you doing here?" He asks turning back to me.

"I was hungry." I hold up my half eaten sandwich. He sighs shaking his head.

"You should have waited for me."

"And starved?" A girl with long blonde, curly hair walks in with the guy from earlier behind her. She turns her icy glare towards me. What the hell did I do? She walks over to my captor and throws her arms around his neck.

"Theo baby, I've missed you." I can't stop myself from scoffing at the sound of her voice. She's trying way too hard to sound sweet and innocent. I've seen so many girls do this at school. Does anyone actually fall for that? They must since the girl always has a guy. She turns back to me. "Now who's this?"

"It's a girl I saved while I was out last night...her family was attacked." The blonde guy gives me a sad look.

"Ugh a charity case...how about we share her?" She grabs my chin turning my head to the side. I slap her hand away and glare at her. I will not become her next meal.

"Don't touch-" In seconds she has me pinned against the wall by my neck. I grasp at her hand trying to breathe.

"That's enough, Colette." Theo growls.

"Oh come on, she's just a human. Nobody will miss her if she's gone. She reeks of death and fear." Black spots dance across my vision.

"I said that's enough." She sighs dropping me to the floor. I lean my forehead against the cool floor and hands on my neck gasping for air. "Are you okay?" Theo asks trying to help me up.

"Don't touch me!" I gasp between breaths. I stand on my own and lean against the wall. I look down at my hands feeling something wet. They're covered in blood.

Suddenly I'm back in that house. I glance around the room as blood seeps through the walls. A shadow runs in front of me. I have to get out of here, he's going to kill me! I make a dash towards the door but someone grabs my arm. "No he's going to kill me! Let me go!"

"Shh...it's okay. The wound on your neck just opened up again." What? The image fades as I look around. I relax a little and Colette laughs.

"What's wrong with you?" She smirks. I glare at her. What was that? I totally lost it.

"Please leave Colette." Theo says still examining my neck.

"But-" She sputters.

"Go." He says firmly. She huffs but leaves anyway dragging the other guy with her. Theo walks over to the sink with a paper towel. He wets it and walks back over to me. "Lift your head." I do and he wipes away the blood that's seeped through the gauze. "We can change these when we get to my room." When he's finished I ask,

"Who was she?" He doesn't answer but a scowl settles on his face. "Oh my god, she's your girlfriend." I laugh. I almost felt sorry for him. He clearly isn't too fond of her. He glares at me.

"Come on." He says walking out of the room. I run to catch up. No way am I going to be left alone, bleeding, with all of them here.

"Where are we going?" He ignores me. I assumed he was pissed off at her but maybe it's just me he's mad at. I look around noticing that most of the people have gone. Thank god. I was kinda worried about openly bleeding in front of all of them. He leads me back up the stairs but we don't stop on the third floor. He keeps going till we reach the seventh floor and at the top is a single door. He pulls a key out of his pocket and unlocks the door.

It's really hard for me to keep my mouth from falling open as we walked inside. It's like an entire house on the top floor. He walks me through a living room and down a hallway. He opens a door that leads to a bedroom.

"This is your room. You can walk anywhere on this floor but you cannot leave this floor without me, okay?" I nod. He slams the door behind him as he leaves and I flop onto the large bed. What have I gotten myself into?