Chapter 6

"How can you move so fast?" I laugh as Xavier wins at slap jack again. He smiles shrugging.

"I know you're cheating." Valentina accuses raising an eyebrow. I watch their exchange happily. I have so few normal days here.

"You're just too slow." She punches him in the arm. Everyone laughs. I glance at Theo who's sitting in a chair not too far away pretending to read his book. He isn't doing a very good job because I keep catching him watching us. I smile and walk over to him. He smoothly covers the title of his book.

"You wanna play?" I ask. He just stares at me.

"You do know you just invited a vampire to play a game that involves speed." Ian says.

"We can play something else." I say looking at Theo.

"Yeah we can play Monopoly or something." Xavier pipes in. Theo's whole face changes.

"No thanks. I don't know how you humans find those games so amusing." He slams his book shut and stands up.

"Where are you going?" I ask. What's up with him? He's grumpier than usual. He's usually so indifferent about everything. Now he's just angry.

"To the kitchen." Then he's gone. I slowly walk back to the others on the floor. Did I do something to make him mad?

"You tried." Guinevere says. I look down at my wrist that he wrapped yesterday. The front door opens and Colette walks in. She glances at me then walks into the kitchen.

"Hey Theo!" She shouts louder than necessary. "Are you ready to go out?"

"I told you I'd meet you downstairs." Was he always planning to leave? I was surprised when he let everyone come over. I hate when he leaves, I never know when he's come back.

"Yeah but I thought I'd surprise you." I hear Theo sigh. I smile to myself. She even annoys him. They both walk out of the kitchen. "Come on Peter you're coming with me." Peter gets up.

"You know I should get going." Valentina says.

"Me too." Guinevere says. Guin stands up and so does Ian. I look at Xavier who shows no signs of leaving. At least I won't be alone.

"Why don't you come with us Arabella." Theo says suddenly. I look at him surprised while Colette gives me a murderous look. I've never been invited out.

"Theo are you sure you want to bring her?" I don't even think I want to go, but then again Colette keeps throwing me around and I would just love to ruin her day.

"Alright let me go grab a jacket." I quickly run in my room and grab a jacket to cover up my arms. This is gonna be great I get to annoy Colette and hang out with Theo. He's never asked me to go anywhere with them and he's been acting so unusual lately. I pause. Where did that come from? Do I really want to hang out with Theo? I get back to the living room and something has changed. Colette looks smug while Theo stands there brooding.

"Ok we're all ready to go." I see Xavier stand up.

"Are you going too?" I ask.

"I guess so." He says.

"Cool." The more the merrier. This is gonna be so much fun. We all leave the building and pile into the car. Theo drives and of course Colette gets the front seat while I'm stuck in the middle of Peter and Xavier. I move my arms closer to myself so I won't bother them.

"Theo lets start with Victoria Secret." Peter and Xavier groan and she shoots them a glare. Of course that's where she wants to go. I think rolling my eyes Peter nudges my arm.

"Hey lets make this trip interesting." He says smiling deviously at me.

"Uh...sure.." I'm not sure I'm going to like whatever it is.