CHAPTER ONE: FALLING FOR THE BOSS IS BAD NEWS

Bismillah.

Chapter One: Falling For The Boss is Bad News

Isaac's POV

"Wrong again Vianna. Are you really a Business Management graduate? You cannot even write a proper memo," I complained, trying not to raise my voice.

The woman in front of me just had her head down.

"I'm sorry Sir," she simply said.

I inhaled and sighed. I cannot let my pity win this over.

"I'm sorry Vianna, but I think I would need a new secretary. You've been having the same mistake thrice in a row. Things like memo and my schedules must be arranged by my secretary, not me," I said to her gently.

She looked up and I saw her eyes wanting to cry.

"Don't worry. I'm not firing you. I'm just transferring you to another department. You can be a great help at the production team" I said to her.

"Thank you Sir, thank you very much," she said in relief.

I simply smiled at her.

"You can take the day off. I will call Anthony from the HR to notify of your transfer," I said.

"You are very kind Sir," she said.

I just nodded at her and opened my laptop for me to type in the correct memo I needed to forward to the other department. I guess when I really want things to get done around here, I must do it myself. I wish Dorothy, my previous secretary who is also my maternal aunt did not have to retire early. But her husband, Uncle Mujib wanted her to be a housewife and enjoy their marriage as all of their three children were professionals already.

"Uhm excuse me Sir," Vianna said.

"You're still here?" I asked her.

I am a little annoyed already. I already helped her despite her incapability. What else does this woman need?

"I actually have a roommate Sir who I believe would be the best secretary for you. She's really smart and she's a conservative Muslim. She graduated in Creative Writing. Currently, she's working as a dishwasher in a local restaurant here. When it comes to work, she's absolutely perfect in everything," Vianna started blabbering.

I raised my hand, asking her to stop.

"Call her now so she can distribute this memo," I simply instructed her.

"Right away Sir," she said then storm away from the room towards the exit.

I shook my head and laughing at the situation. How can a creative writing graduate who's perfect in everything be a dishwasher at a local restaurant? And why on earth did you Isaac Khalid let that Vianna choose a secretary for you?

Maybe because again, you always let the pity you have for people take over you.

I went back to encoding, wishing that dishwasher writer is already here. For some reason, I was curious.

Fatima's POV

I was readying for Zuhur when my phone rang. I look at it and saw that it was my roomamate and friend for three years, Vianna. I quickly answered it as I went to the prayer room of the restaurant I was working on.