CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE WHISPER

Bismillah.

Image above is Isaac Khalid. <3

Chapter Eighteen: The Whisper

Fatima's POV

I was about to open my mouth to utter my boss' name when Jimin spoke.

"Naaaah, I was just kidding. You should go ride with your boss," he said.

"See you at the restaurant," Jimin said then proceeded to his car.

I simply smiled at him then went towards Isaac's car. I gave Isaac his suit in which he wore right away as I got in and then he went around the car, coming inside on the driver's seat.

"Where's Sir Wadel?" I asked him as he started the engine.

"He's having a family picnic," Isaac answered.

The drive was silent and I glanced at him. He didn't look angry but he was seriously driving.

"Uhm, are you mad?" I tentatively asked him.

"Why would I be mad?" he answered while turning the wheel to the right.

"Nothing, you're just quiet," I told him.

We were sort of being friendly on the phone and now, this silence.

"Ooh, I have a question? What's Jungkook's age?"

It has been bothering me. That man looks so young.

"He's 19. He started his radio broadcast when he was only 14. When his parents passed away, they left him with a big amount of inheritance. Through the help of his uncle, he was able to purchase his own radio network, turned it into his Islamic Audio Projects. The name remained that's why IAP is still IAP," Isaac answered.

"Wow, that's cool," I said to him.

"Uhm, can I ask something else?" I asked him again.

He nodded and I gathered up the courage to be a gossiper.

"Why do you have lots of gifts at the passenger seat?" I noticed it when I got inside his car.

"They were given to me at the convention by some girls when I was on my way to my car. Apparently the Handsome Eight have a fan base and they were at the convention. The others also were given, Taehyung has the most number of gifts, so he decided to just ride in Jungkook's car," he explained.

I was not that surprise but kinda didn't like the idea that girls are hovering around them/

"I want to ask you something too," Isaac said.

I looked at him and he glanced at me for a while and smiled.

"Relax, I'm not going to ask you about geography," he said.

"How did you know I am weak at geography?" I asked curiously.

He merely shrugged his shoulders.

"I intend to know everything about you Fatima. So hmmm, you were gonna choose me a while ago right? I saw you looking at me," he said with a cheerful tone.

"Of course. You're my boss and I'm more comfortable with you," I answered in all honesty.

"Good to know that," he said, then glanced at me with a very happy smile, making me smile back.

"Are your wounds better now?" he pondered.

"Yeah, it's just some scratches. The wounds aren't that deep," I answered right away.