CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE DIFFERENCE

Bismillah. 

I just wanna say that as an author, part of the thrill is not to explain what I want to bring out from the story unless the story is finished and completed. And sometimes that includes on how I end a chapter. Thank you very much for your trust. May Allah guide us all. Love you all for HIS Sake. 

This chapter is dedicated to an author I recently followed. Her works are promising. :)

Chapter Fourteen: The Difference

Fatima's POV

But it was all just in my mind, as Suga calls me Sweet November, I felt like really wanting to be kissed. And the Muslim in me knows such kiss will only bring me about more confusion and worse, the displeasure of Allah. 

The real true believers are those who know Allah sees them and hears them. The level of consciousness towards Allah shall also reflect the level of faith and obedience. The last thing I would want is to be in Hell just because the "love story I seek for" is actually happening. Alhamdulillah no kissing happened and none will. I am reserving that for my future husband who deserves the best of me. In shaa Allah.

"What took you so long?" August asked. 

I had to stop my subconsciousness from laughing. Yes Fatima, this is all happening. Some stranger writes a note, for an unknown kismet, then you picked it up and your messed up heart thinks it's for you. And to add spices from your night that seems to have gone wrong, you texted the man to come. Just because he is oh so good looking and so near you, you want to kiss him. In the devil's term, booty call. This is why RM wanted you home early. Technically and apparently, he knows or may have a feeling that you are a 22-year old vulnerable naive lady who as a human being has desires and hormones. 

"Astaghfirullah al - azim. Forgive me for texting you that way. I really should have not. I better go," I apologized. 

Go away Fatima, before the pigment of your imaginary kiss actually happens. Stop yourself. Rapmon was right. The more I stay out in this strange night, the more I meet people I shouldn't have interacted with. I closed my eyes for a moment recalling Jin the restaurant owner and Jimin the University President. I will not wonder who August is because it is part of the Shaytan's plot. 

I opened my eyes and as I did, I saw the man whom I thought would never want to see me outside office hours. What is he doing here? Why is he here? 

"What the heck are you doing here Fatima Maryam?" Isaac demanded. 

"Hey lady. Wait up. I didn't catch your name," August said behind my back. 

Isaac looked at the man then at me, trying to put two and two together. 

"Isaac? Isaac Khalid?" August asked. 

"You know each other?" I asked in surprise.

"Mr. Suga Yoongi, President of Muslim Reverts Association, IGCAP member, this is Fatima Maryam, my secretary. Fatima, this is one of our Rebuild Marawi Project partners, Suga Yoongi. You sent an email to him this morning," Isaac answered in a hard tone. 

So by far I met three gentlemen this night who are big boss' project partners. This is a shocker. I looked at the two once again. You know that feeling when two handsome men are right in front of you and you cannot help but compare the two of them. I gotta say to my inner self that Isaac Khalid (image above) with his wavy hair without the  hair gell and  wearing only a white shirt and white sweat pants looks so dashing and much too attractive for my liking. Lower your gaze Fatima. You are proving to yourself that your hayaa is diminishing as the night drags on.