CHAPTER THIRTY - NINE: THE VERY QUESTION

Bismillah.

For those who were asking, this story will have 50  chapters. In shaa Allah.

Chapter Thirty – Nine: The Very Question

Fatima's POV

I could only stare as my husband grabbed RM's collar and dismissed him to the side. The next thing I knew we were already in our bedroom and RM was banging the door. I sat myself on the bed while Isaac just stared outside by the glass window. My hands were shaking and I was filled with absolute fear, guilt and worry.

"Hubby, let me explain," I uttered.

Isaac just stared at me, with a dead expression on his face.

"Yes baby, please do explain it to me," he said gently.

Isaac walked towards me and then knelt down, touching my shaking hands rested on my lap. Suddenly, RM stopped knocking but I can hear more footsteps outside the room. However my husband doesn't seem bothered by it the least. Instead, he held one hand of mine and placed it on his cheek, closing his eyes. Slowly, he raised my hand and kiss them. Openign his eyes, staring right back at me, my heart raced.

"Tell me why did you feel the need to lie to me baby? You know that I will always try to understand you. Why?" he said to me with eyes full of begging.

"I... I didn't want to hurt you," I explained.

"And I was afraid you would not understand, that you would stop me from helping them," I explained further.

Isaac just nod his head and smiled at me. He then brushed my cheek with his thumb.

"Okay then. As long as you are safe at home. I will head back at the office now. I will be home at 8," he said, shocking me.

He then stood up, as he removed his hands from my lap. A part of me felt empty losing his touch.

"Wait, you're not mad anymore?" I asked, still seated down.

"I am mad baby. But I can't hurt you back nor punish you just because I am hurt or mad. I will try to understand you instead," he said, smiling weakly.

A hadith suddenly came into my memory as I watched Isaac arranged his collar. If I die today and my husband is pleased with me, I will automatically earn Jannah. Is that the reason why he tries not to be mad at me?

Isaac approached and kiss my head, his hand on my back.

"Take care," he said.

Then just like that, my husband left.

In a matter of seconds, the seven were inside the room, inspecting if I was feeling alright.

"Did he hurt you?" Taehyung asked.

"Princess, are you alright?" Jimin asked.

I shook my head.

"Just leave me alone for now, I will just pray here. I will take the afternoon nap after," I said, my eyes never leaving the hands on my lap.

"Tell us what Isaac said to you," Jin said.

I shook my head again, still not looking up.

"Noona, here," Jungkook said.

He was holding a glass of water. I took it and drank it. Then he got the glass from me. By this time, I stared at all seven of them. They all looked worried and concern. But the memory of Isaac's hurtful face wounded me deeply.