CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE: STURDY HEART

Bismillah. 

So I couldn't bear not to update quick. The previous chapter shattered me too much. I'm in a net cafe, waiting for my Mom and sister. And I really felt the need to write right now. 

Chapter Twenty - Three: Sturdy Heart 

Fatima's POV 

Three seconds of insanity. Three seconds of abrupt foolishness. Three seconds of wondrous possibility all broken down when RM did not hug me back. 

I wallowed my tears and let go of him, all aware of the stares of the other seven, of my family and Isaac's too. 

When I was stronger in the past, I would always tell myself, I would not be that girl who cannot control herself and had to hold a non - mahram in public. And yet, there I was on the day that Isaac had proposed. 

I wanted to told RM one line that I was dying to tell him. 

I wanted to tell him - Ask me again. Ask me again to marry you. But if I would do that, that would make me the most evil of all persons. I cannot do that to Isaac. 

"Fatima, I want you to apologize to Isaac," was all what RM said before facing the others. 

"Okay guys, I guess we are done here, " he told them. 

And then he faced Isaac who seemed to be rooted on the spot. 

"We are sorry for the interruptions. We will explain later when time is convenient," RM said to him. 

Isaac just nodded at him. 

"Fatima, what was that my dear? Who were those men?" Mom asked me. 

"They were people forcing us on a work contract we had decline many times Aunty," RM explained. 

My parents welcomed RM and introductions were introduced. But I wasn't myself. All I could feel were guilt and rejection. Guilty of hurting Isaac and that ugly feeling of being turned away by RM. 

I wanted to go away. 

I didn't even care who those men were. All my heart feels right now is a mess. A whole big mess I caused. 

Then Isaac came to me and he smiled with understanding. I searched his eyes and saw something I didn't see coming. Scorn. 

He scorns me. 

Then he leaned on to me and whispered in my ears. 

"My parents didn't see you hugging RM. Your Mom was quick enough to take them to the back door, using their safety as an excuse. Now you listen to me baby and listen to me good. You will say yes to my proposal. I will marry you and what you did with RM must never ever be repeated again. Or else I might just do something you and I will both regret? Wanna know what's that?" he asked, head still leaning on my ear. 

I wasn't able to move. 

"I'll lock you up in a place where they can never see you. I mean it Fatima. I have never been insulted like this," he said. 

He then stood up straight. 

"I believe Fatima has an answer to my proposal now," I told everyone. 

Both our parents were there including Nurina and Ali. Suga was looking down. RM was looking at Isaac. The others were looking at me. 

I wanted to say no. I wanted to hold on to RM's sleeve and begged him to want me back but I had caused enough humiliation to Isaac. One of the things I disliked in this entire scenario was the knowledge that Isaac Khalid just settled all our debts. I owe him big time. And I hate owing something to anyone. It was for this reason why RM never tried to pay out anything for me.