CHAPTER SEVEN: I MISS YOU

Bismillah.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I've read them all. Thank you so so much! In shaa Allah, I will be able to reply comments when I find more time.

Chapter Seven: I Miss You

Fatima's POV

I waited so long for someone to ask me those words, "Will you marry me?"

When Isaac pronounced those words, I could hear my heart pounding so hard. My throat seems to have dry up as I search for the words to say.

I will. I do. I should. I would. I must. I could. Yes. These were the words I wanted to say. But then I was reminded of who he was.

He is the CEO of Writeworthy Inc. He is a very wealthy influential person. He is a practicing Muslim. He loves his family, his people and the Ummah. He loves Allah and the Rasulullah (s.a.w). He is kind, generous and down to earth. He is perfect. He has his lunatic ways but he is funny and sweet. He's every Muslim woman's dream husband. However, he is definitely out of my league.

Then my thoughts went back to the fact that I'm just some random woman he knows as his secretary. I was once brokenhearted and right now I'm this broke happy lady, working so hard to free my family from the thousands of debts and loans.

So it couldn't be serious. His question couldn't be serious. And me being me, I am overthinking again.

Hence, I smiled at him and just shook my head. My hand reached out for my coffee, I sat up with my back leaning on the chair, making myself comfortable.

"The question is why would you even want to marry me? Why would the great Isaac Khalid choose to marry the simpleton Fatima Maryam?" I asked him.

I was still holding the cup of my hand when I sensed the tension on his face.

"Excuse me," was all he said before he rose up.

I thought he would go to the comfort room or leave me there. So what happened next made me wish I have the power to go invisible.

"Excuse me everyone, ladies and gentlemen, if I may steal a few seconds of your attention please," he called out to everyone.

What is he doing? My mind was racing.

I looked up at Isaac who displayed such joy on his face.

"I just asked this lovely woman, who is also my employee if she would marry me. And all she could answer me was why would I even want to marry her. I can answer her that it's because she is the prettiest woman I have ever encountered in my entire life, beautiful inside and out, beyond unimaginable. But she might not believe me. So please to those who thinks she and I would make up a lovely couple, please raise your hand," Isaac said, making me automatically rise up from my seat.

"Sir Isaac! Cut it out," I whisper – yell at him.

He only smirked and winked at me. Then we both looked at the crowd of people inside the restaurant which was filled with less than a dozen people. To my surprise, all of the were raising their hands, smiles on their faces.

"Hey lady, this guy is obviously crazy for you. Give him a chance," an old woman called out to me.

I simply smiled at the old woman.

I collected my laptop and Isaac was thanking the people. I left the restaurant in a hurry, thoroughly blushing with that sweet moment. Yes, my easy heart find it sweet. Geez. I should not be liking my boss at all. Why do I get this feeling that in a short time, I already see him as an ideal husband. This man is so intense around me. All the butterflies in the world are already inside my entire body system.