CHAPTER FORTY - FIVE: NEEDED SAVING

Bismillah.

Chapter Forty – Five: Needed Saving

RM's POV

I saw her and felt my knees getting weak. She still has that effect on me. She's still my one and only greatest love.

"Why? What do you want to talk about?" Isaac asked me.

"Uhm, I think we all can head back to the conference room if we have important things to discuss," Fatima said.

"There's a café outside the building, it's a more suited place," I told the couple.

They both got in the elevator. Awkwardness filled in the space and I shook my head. If it weren't for Suga, I wouldn't even be here.

We arrived at the ground floor and I led the way to the café. We were given a private room and I ordered coffee and cakes for us.

"How are you RM?" she asked me so genuinely.

They are not even touchy to each other in front of me. This is a sign that their marriage is doing good. Alhamdulillah.

"I'm good. We're winning number one in most music charts, even in different countries," I shared to her.

It was then I realized that music is haram for her. No, music is haram. And we were drawn by it and are now working for it.

Am I happy? Not entirely. But it's the path we chose to take, unfortunately.

"Suga wanted to give me this to you," I said then got the manuscript and handed it to her.

All Suga told me was that manuscript can change everything for us. I too am clueless why he couldn't give it himself and why would a fiction story change all our lives. He also warned me not to open it nor read any part of it.

Fatima opened the envelope and gasped upon opening the folder.

"No, this isn't possible," she said.

"Why what is it?" Isaac said then got the folder.

He too may have known what's it all about.

Then Fatima was a bit teary – eyed, now making we worried.

"Wait, am I the only one who don't know anything what that story contains?" I asked then got the folder.

It read:

So Far Away

Written by Fatima Maryama and Snow Soul

In the park by the alley, a boy sat, head cascaded down on the pavement. The snow was shiny and sparkling but it's making him cold. He hated the snow. It reminded him of a Mom he never had.

Behind him was a big house where inside a little girl was hiding under her bedroom. There was a monster inside her room. A monster she can't fight and get rid off.

She screamed. He heard her scream.

He rose up and saw where the voice came from.

He was startled but still run towards the house.

He opened the door and saw a big man above a crying girl.

The boy got the vase on the table and smash it on the man's head, again and again, until the man got unconscious.

The girl kept on crying. The guy, despite his tatterd dirty clothes approached her and stopped her from crying. When the little boy saw that her clothes were not of the rich, he was comforted that they were the same. Soon after, the girl's parents arrived and that was the last time they ever saw each other again.