CHAPTER ELEVEN: NO WONDER

Bismillah.

To those who have been asking, I am not a BTS fan, but I do care about them which is why I have included them in this story. It is my sincere prayer that this story would help us all to come in terms with choosing to be closer to Allah, more than anything else. Ameen.

I'm having a vacation from work, hence be updating more than once a week, so yey! In shaa Allah.

Chapter Eleven: No Wonder

Fatima's POV

I am an overly dramatic person. I always were, which is also why I love The Unloved Wife so so much. Every minute details of my life, I have this tendency to overreact, overthink and well, exaggerate. As soon as I got my cash salary over the cashier, I automatically called Rapmon.

"I made him cry Rapmon. I made my boss cry. I made my kind and patient boss cry. Sure he can be possessive and lacks reasoning and propriety, but how could I have treated him that way? I could have rejected his proposal gently. I could have waited for the right timing and not on a standing position where we were again arguing about some utter nonsense. I mean, he's been so good to me and sweet. He even bought me Al – Qarni's book. Why am I so insensitive?" I said to him, trying not to cry.

I was walking on the sidewalk, on my way to the prayer house downtown to pray my maghrib.

"Wait Fatima, you mean you rejected his proposal?" Rapmon asked, sounding happy.

"Yeah, and I feel so so bad," I cried out.

"It's okay. It was for the best. At least now, he's really just going to treat you like a real employee of his. He would have to learn how to control himself around you voluntarily. Rejection wounds a man so.."

Upon hearing those words, I found the nearest bench in the park and sat down.

"He doesn't deserve to be rejected RM," I exclaimed.

He heaved out a sigh and I heard him transferring his phone perhaps to his other hand or other ear. I know he's overworking but he never shoos me away when I need someone to talk with, just like now.

"Alright. So why did you reject him?" he asked.

"Well, uhm, because ... "

I thought hard and the first reason was because of .. RM. I can picture myself with him, like together in a committed relationship. I guess what I felt for my boss a week ago was just a passing fancy. And by now, I am sure my boss is not treating me his passing fancy. Obviously, for Isaac to walked out on me and disappear for like an entire afternoon and hearing him wiped his tears away or so could only mean that he truly does want to marry me.

"Because?" RM asked again.

"Because I don't like him the same way he likes me," I answered.

"There. So stop feeling guilty. You were just honest. If you feel bad about how you rejected him, think about of his negative attitude, his bossiness that must have drove you to be harsh or raised your voice. Wait, did you raise your voice to your boss?"

"Yes I did."

RM laughed a little before speaking again.

"Again my love, stop being overly dramatic. Isaac is a grown – up man. Don't worry about him. He'll live. He's only known you for almost two weeks. Whatever wounds he has of your rejection towards him, I'm sure in a short period of time, he'll get over it," he explained.

My chest lightened and I breathed in relief.

"You're right. Thank you so much RM! What will I ever do without you?"