CHAPTER SIX: TWO EMOTIONS

Bismillah.

Chapter Six: Two Emotions

Fatima's POV

I reread my newly written poem again and again. I never thought I could finally figure out for myself that I am over Harun. The plane incident was a memory to remember.

FLASHBACK

"Oh Aminah! Assalamu alaykum," I greeted her and rose up.

We cheek-kissed and my heart felt excited. This is so unexpected. I should hate this woman. She stole my man. She cheated on me. She's a flirt. So why am I smiling at her.

"Oh my gosh. You look dashing," she remarked.

I smiled more, feeling confident than I've ever been.

"So you're headed to Kalesa too?" she asked.

Someone cleared his throat and I saw my boss, smiling at us. He was still seated while both of us stood there, oblivious of his presence.

By this time, the people kept looking at us. Now, I know I had to end the conversation. And then Aminah looked at me intently. Wait, is that tears on her eyes?

"I really missed you. I'm so sorry Tima," she said.

This was real tears. In the years I have spent in high school with Aminah, I know she just doesn't cry if she doesn't mean it. Sure upon knowing that I knew of their affairs, she was distant. But maybe those cold shoulders and distance were actually her ways of doing away with the guilt of eating her alive. Aminah was desperate for love. That was always her weakness.

"Silly, it's all in the past now," I said to her.

I hugged her and she hugged me tighter.

"I hope we could catch up anytime soon, perhaps as soon as we land?" she asked.

"Uhm ladies, I am so sorry to interrupt but I do really need to stand up and go to the washroom," Isaac excused himself.

While he was leaving, Aminah continued to gaze at him.

"Who is he?" she asked, with a playful grin on her face.

"My boss," I answered.

"But he looks differently at you, he likes you," she said bluntly.

I found myself blushing, and nervous at the same time.

"Nonsense," I said, waving my hand.

Aminah being Aminah, sat on Isaac's seat.

"Come on, don't deny it. There is something. I can sense something," she mused.

She looks so excited. And her excitement is very very much contagious that I find myself giggling.

Isaac Khalid? I mean Isaac Khalid, ladies and gentlemen, having a crush on me? Any girl, any lady, any woman would be over the moon for that.

I can see now the reason why Isaac left. He must have wanted me and Aminah to talk more.

"There's nothing," I denied.

Okay, I don't get myself really now. This is a whole different side of me. Why the heck am I so happy? Has it something to do with reading Isaac's notes few minutes ago?

Aminah and I chat some more. Midway in our conversation, Harun looked towards our direction. He smiled at me and I waved and smiled at him. He then go back to the magazine he was reading.