CHAPTER FORTY - THREE: STAY AWAY

Bismillah.

Chapter Forty – Three: Stay Away

Isaac's POV

I had a bad feeling upon seeing my wife's note posted on her computer monitor. My gut feeling was telling me to leave and find her. And I did. With the tracker on her phone, I was able to follow her on our home subdivision. I looked for her inside the house but she wasn't there. By the time, I arrived at the Butterfly garden, I saw my wife's back, facing Suga who looked very angry, with a ring on his hand.

"What's going on here?" I said then walked hurriedly towards my wife.

The moment Fatima saw me, she hugged me tightly. I stared at Suga who only got angrier. As I held my trembling wife and continued staring at Suga, I can only guessed with the ring he was holding what happened.

"Let's just go please," Fatima whispered to me, as if she was scared of Suga.

"Okay," I told her.

I held her hand and together we left the Butterfly Garden. I dared not to look back. I don't wanna fight with Suga with my wife around. I don't want her hurt or traumatized. As we got inside my car, Fatima sighed in relief. Her hands were still shaking.

"I.. I didn't' expect... How could Suga... it was so... unreal and I ... I... I was scared he would... do something to hurt .... To hurt me ..." Fatima said, stuttering.

"Ssshhh, shhh, there, there," I told her, holding her hand, calming her down.

"It was as if Suga was a different person," she explained.

"Calm down baby. You're safe now, okay?" I told her.

"Are we going back to the office?" she asked hesitatingly.

"Later. Let's date first," I answered and winked at her.

Fatima smiled a bit and that's a start for her to relax. I drove in silence until we reached our destination. It was a clif with the ocean underneath. I parked the car and we both climb down. The sun was still quite up but the heat was bearable. Hand in hand we walked towards the edge until we were standing overlooking the great open sea.

The breeze that brushes our skin was warm. The sky was white, and the sound of the sea was calm. I looked around and saw a log where I invited her to sit. We were sitting side by side. Then after few minutes of silence, Fatima encircled her arm around my arm. She rested her head on my shoulder, making me smile of her nearness.

"Why are you so good to me?" she asked.

"Because you're my wife and I love you," I answered.

"Don't you hate me?" she asked.

I got her hand and had it intertwine with mine. Birds from afar began soaring in the sky. I played with her finger before giving her my answer.

"I hate what your blindness and deafness to the truth had almost cost us our marriage, but I don't hate you," I answered in all honest.

She sighed then I looked at her. She looked into my eyes and then close her eyes.

"Tell me all about my wrongs, tell me all about my faults, make me realize," she uttered in a gentle voice.

A tear trickle down her face.

I know for a fact that among the seven, Suga was the most special to her. I was jealous most of Suga lately.

I kissed the forehead of my wife and began telling her of her misdeeds.