CHAPTER THREE: HIS QUICK QUESTION

Bismillah.

Chapter Three:  His Quick Question

Isaac's POV

After the contract signing at the Islamic Foundation Televison, I told Fatima that I'll fetch her from her apartment an hour after. She said she could just meet me at the airport but I insisted.

"It will save us both time. Wadel is a fast driver," I reasoned out.

She simply nodded before climbing into a taxi cab I called for her. As I watched the cab go, my phone rung.

It was Ismael.

"Assalamu alaykum," he greeted me.

"Wa alaykumusalam," I greeted him back as Wadel opened the door for me to get in the backseat.

"So, tell me dear older brother, do you like your secretary in a way that could lead to a wedding?" he teased.

"Shut up. I'm hanging up if you're only going to tease me," I said, but smiling at the same time.

The thought of making Fatima Maryam as my wife somehow gladdened me.

"Wait, are you grinning? Masha Allah, my hard cold uncapable of loving older brother, hot shot bachelor, super successful, rich, handsome religious brother is finally swooned and swept off his feet. Allah has heard our Mother's du'a, alhamdulillah. I am excited to be an uncle and Mom and Dad would be grandparents, yey!" he exaggeratedly said.

I chuckled.

"Too early to say that. I'm still observing her," I confessed.

"Woah! So you like her, it's only been half a day," he contradicted.

"What are you saying? Are you being supportive or sarcastic?" I asked, feeling annoyed.

"Woah again. What's with the temper? You really do like her!" he exclaimed.

"I just arrive home," I simply said.

"Good. I'm home too," he said before hanging up on me.

Wadel opened the door for me. And as soon as I'm out of the car, I thought of something.

"Wadel, could you drop by Lemar's Boutique and buy me five pair of long sleeved and long skirt business attire for Muslim women? It's for Fatima. Tell Nessa there to wrap it up and send it to Fatima's residence two days from now," I told him.

Wadel seemed a little surprised but he smiled anyway. Wadel is ten years older than me with a good wife and male twins who are in high school.

"I will Sir," he said before ending our conversation.

As soon as I arrived at the house, I wasn't surprise at all Ismael and Mom talking in the living room about Fatima.

This is what I get for having a half – brother who thinks my single life is a problem.

"She's pretty Mom, I think you'll really like her. I like her myself," Ismael said.

"No you don't. You're not allowed to like her at all, in any way. She's my secretary," I sternly said while sitting next to Mom.

"See? She even has the power to make him hot – tempered and possessive. He's never like that," Ismael said who was also seated next to our Mother who was busy knitting another sweater for my stepdad.