CHAPTER FOUR: HE OVERSTEPPED

Bismillah.

Chapter Four: He Overstepped

Fatima's POV

Did my boss just ask me how much is my dowry? Now, usually those that ask questions like that are men who intends to settle down or ... No way.

I looked at Isaac whose intense gaze at me had me shivering so I looked away.

"Uhm, no idea Sir," I simply answered.

Because honestly it really is none of his business. Is he like this to every woman he sits with inside a moving car? I'd hate the thought of that.

"No idea? You mean no one has ever proposed to you before?" Isaac asked.

I sighed and hated the memory of the question he just asked me. I shook my head, not trusting my voice to speak.

"Your Father really takes good care of you. If I were him, I'd make sure your dowry's worth millions," he said.

This made me look at him. Mr. Khalid smirked for a while then returned his gaze affront.

"Dad's not like that. I remember Mom telling me that for as long as the man is a good Muslim man who loves me, the dowry would be no issue. Whatever the man can afford is acceptable," I reasoned out.

I would hate for him to think that my poor family is that desperate that my dowry is something that they would look forward too. My family ain't like that.

"Really," he said, still looking straight ahead, as if my explanation was not acceptable.

"Yes, really," I said in a concluding tone.

He chuckled a bit and his right hand was on his mouth, clearing his throat. Then he looked back at me.

"So there's been someone huh?" he asked.

His eyes held seriousness and he looked pissed off.

"What do you mean Sir?" I asked, feeling the new released tension inside the car.

"Your Mom would not say such things unless you asked something. There's been a man who wanted to marry you in the past? What happened? Where is he now? Did he hurt you? What's his job? Who called it off? You? Him?" he asked straightforwardly, never blinking, just locking his gaze at me.

Okay, what the heck. Why does he ask so many intruding questions? I am beginning to feel very uncomfortable. Maybe this trip is really something I should have thought of very well. What is my boss turns out to be some sick obsessed psycho? Though with his killer looks and charms, any woman would not mind.

Oh my, Fatima, behave.

"Irrelevant," I simply stated then rested my back on the seat. I looked straight ahead, just to end the weird conversation.

"I'm your boss Fatima, answer me," he demanded.

His demanding voice made me scared but still I dare not look at him. I know if I watched his intense gaze at me, I might just get lost in them. He has expressive eyes that makes him one irresistible man.

My fingers started fidgeting with each other, and I looked down on the hands on my lap, answering him.

"I don't think it is any of your business to know about my personal life Sir, with all due respect," I softly said.

I heard him shifted on his seat and from my peripheral view, he dialed a number.

Good, alhamdulillah, he's letting the issue go. Harun is someone I really don't want to talk about with anyone. He may have been introduced to my parents once upon a lunch break. He may have had ask me to ask my parents how much is my dowry, like the good coward that he is. And he may have had once upon a time bought me an engagement ring that I still kept at the box below my bedroom back home, but he isn't part of my life anymore.