CHAPTER NINE: STILL ON

Bismillah.

Chapter Nine: Still On

Fatima's POV

I was clutching my chest because it's hurting physically. I kept on banging it with my right fist as I hurriedly walked towards the elevator. My mind is all – confused. The moment I heard RM recited that embarrassing poem I had in college, I felt stiffed and like the world has lied straight to my face.

How could he have known it was I who wrote it? How come he memorized it? And why on earth did he say he's giving me a virtual kiss? He's insane and I cannot take nor fully grasp his joke. It's too much.

"Fatima," RM called out as I entered the elevator.

RM has a speed that can race with the wind because he was able to get inside the elevator. Luckily, there were three people behind us.

"Look, I'm sorry," he started talking.

I shook my head and looked down at my red doll shoes as if wanting to notice the lines and details of my shoes. I refused to hear his explanation and I don't think I could handle it.

"I like you. I've always liked you Fatima," he said firmly.

The two ladies behind us whom I believe are good friends, started whispering to each other while the man beside them just pretended to be busy with his phone.

I closed my eyes before looking at RM. I fully regret doing so because his eyes held so much emotions, like he's about to break down any second now.

"RM, you shouldn't like me. We're just good friends. I'm sorry," I apologized with all my heart.

Upon saying that, the ladies hushed down while the man behind RM gave me a look.

"Ooooh, you just got friend zoned dude!" the man teased.

"That's so cruel young lady. Couldn't you have at least waited for the three of us to get off the elevator," he continued saying before he pressed the open button of the elevator. We were still on the sixth floor.

"This isn't my floor but I think we need to get out here ladies," he politely said.

The ladies followed after him but before the elevator closed again. The man looked at me and smiled.

"I'm J-Hope by the way, a psychologist by profession. And if in any way, you need a consultation of the stupid decision you just did few seconds ago, google me," he said then winked at me.

What the! Couldn't this day get worse? I felt like I've been slapped. Tears were tempting to fall on my face.

RM placed his hands on his pockets, a habit he makes everytime he is about to comfort me.

"I don't want things to ever change between us RM. You just put our friendship at risk. How could you?" I said, blaming him.

A tear fell from his eye and he instantly wiped it with his right hand.

"That's why I'm sorry. Could we pretend I didn't just act stupidly in the car and in this elevator?" he pleaded.

I laughed. What is it about cars and elevators and me? So much drama Fatima!

I nod and gave him a smile.

"Yes. I agree," I told him.

He smiled but it seemed forced. We were on the 13th floor.

"Do you want me to help you pack?" he offered.

My throat was dry and my chest still hurt. I touch my chest.