CHAPTER TEN: WEEKEND PLANS

Bismillah.

I always get excited when I get to update this story. Alhamdulillah. Thank you very much for your support! You guys are amazing!

Chapter Ten: Weekend Plans

Fatima's POV

My boss looked angry and worried, anticipating for my answer. I didn't need time to think of my answer. I know what I feel.

"I love Rapmon. He's my best friend. I love him as a friend," I answered, then slightly pushing him away from me using my right hand.

He took a step back, looked down for awhile and then shook his head.

"You do know that a non – mahram male and a female cannot be best friends in Islam," he told me.

"I know!" I told him off.

I was feeling anxious again. It's just that ever since RM hugged me on the elevator, his voice has been echoing at me every night before I go to sleep.

"I hate virtual hugs. I love this," Rapmon's voice said inside my mind.

"There you go. So you do have feelings for that Raphael Monstefar," Mr. Isaac Khalid said, waking me up from my reverie.

"Just mind your own business, Sir," I uttered, emphasizing the last word strongly.

"I am minding my own business. Everything about you is my business, which is why you are moving out of your apartment and will live in the house next to mine," I announced to her.

I laughed.

"Hahaha, that's a good one Sir. I really think you should see Mr. J-Hope. You're out of your mind. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a job to do," I said before heading for the door.

Before I could even touch the door knob, my boss was standing by the door.

"You will not defy me Ms. Maryam," he said strongly.

"And you are not my father. You're just my boss. You do not control me. You do not own me. Now about your proposal, my answer Sir is No, No, No. As in I am not marrying you, not for the world, not for anything," I answered harshly.

His eyes went wide until it subsided and became downcast. Suddenly, his shoulders slumped and he stepped aside from the door.

"Alright. But just know that the IGCAP has bought a housing subdivision. All eight members are to live in a house there. I added one house, for you since you will be the over –all IGCAP Secretary – General. You won't have any other choice but to live there. If it cheers you up, Rapmon will be living in the subdivision too. Now, you can be next door neighbors. I will stay out of your love story if it pleases you," he said to me, eyes gazing at mine.

I was glued on the spot. Isaac got his coat from the coat hanger beside the door, and then opened the door and was gone before I knew it.

I just stood there.

Feeling guilty, sad, angry, worried, confused and shocked all at the same time.

****************************************************************************************************

Rapmon's POV

She was different at me today. Fatima looked at me with admiration and shyness when she escorted me out of the building. It gave me hope that perhaps she may have developed feelings for me too.

As I entered my office, the six IGCAP members were already there.

"So how did it go?" Suga asked me.