Baby...Daddy!

Author's POV:

It was four days after Jungkook had abruptly kissed Jimin. Jimin tried to meet Jungkook to talk to him about the kiss and his vague promise but the older was never at home during the whole day. He left well before Jimin would wake up and returned late at night. Jimin heard him grunt and enter in his adjoining room every night but he felt it inappropriate to go to talk with Jungkook in those hours.

Jimin noticed the lifestyle Jungkook lived and felt bad for him everytime. Jungkook barely slept and sometimes didn't sleep at all. Jimin remembers that night perfectly well when Jungkook had kissed him and walked off, he thought he would go to sleep since he looked so wrecked but he didn't even find Jungkook at the breakfast table that morning. Upon inquiring Jimin came to know Jungkook had left without eating his breakfast.

But every time Jimin was thinking about Jungkook he hated himself to care about him in any way. Then he would justify himself by saying he was just gathering info about his enemy. Which on the other hand he really needed.

Jimin walked down for breakfast that morning but was startled to find Jungkook seated at the dining table eating eggs and toast.

Jungkook saw his startled expression accompanied by a hint of disappointment and gave a bright bunny smile despite feeling a weird sensation of his heart clenching internally. This was new to Jungkook.

"I thought you'd be at work" Jimin spoke as he took his seat in front of Jungkook. He was served with his breakfast right away.

"It's my day off " Jungkook smiled.

"You seem startled and disappointed, perhaps you like my absence better" he added.

"No, I just didn't expect you to be here
That's all" Jimin answered softly.

Jungkook just hummed his response.

Jimin felt weird, the atmosphere around them grew thick. It seemed to Jimin that Jungkook was mad at him. The thick tension was practically choking Jimin, he never was the one to stay quiet during such situations so he felt the need to start a conversation.

"I've noticed that you work way more hours than an average employee, why do you do that when you own the company? Also you barely sleep" Jimin inquired.

Jimin had done his homework about Jungkook by asking the maids.

"That's because I handle the company AND mafia, there isn't enough hours in a day to do both and get decent sleep" Jungkook answered nonchalantly and then he smiled.

"My my Jimin, you actually care about me?" Jungkook noticed Jimin's underlying care in his quiry a little late.

"NO! I just wanted to know how can someone go without sleep. Even that day you came home late and then went out again and didn't sleep at all. How can you manage, I'm curious" Jimin rushed his words.

He didn't want Jungkook to get the wrong idea.

"What day are you talking about baby?" Jungkook smirked.

He knew what day Jimin was talking about, the day he kissed him. But he decided to play with Jimin a little.

"T-that day!" Jimin got the words out, hating himself for stuttering.

Jimin's cheeks were dusted with a beautiful pink.

Jungkook instantly loved that blush. He wanted to see a deeper shade.

"I don't know which day you're talking about sweetheart, care to elaborate?" Jungkook smiled showing off his bunny teeth.

Jimin was at a loss for words right now and Jungkook's smile was putting him on the edge.