The Truth Untold

Author’s POV:

(Y'all can listen to the song for more effect while reading)

*Around 9 PM*

Jimin stomped his feet as he entered their bedroom. He was super bored living in this creepy house all alone with his husband whom he was trying to despise. Also the fact that Jungkook was tolerating his sassiness and giving him space was something which crawled under his skin, it was very unlike Jungkook to act that way.

His behaviour was making it difficult to hate him, also it didn't help that Jungkook seemed in deep trouble and had sleepless nights and was losing significant weight. Jimin thought being in this place was making him like this, so to sum it all up, he needed them outta here.

“I can't stay here anymore, take me back” Jimin ordered, a hand on his waist as he glared at Jungkook, who was reading a book.

“There's still a few weeks left for us…” Jungkook started but halted when he saw Jimin's glare intensify.

“Okay, we'll leave tomorrow morning” Jungkook agreed and Jimin muttered 'good’ and started to walk away.

“Jimin” Jungkook called after his husband who acted like he didn't hear him and continued walking.

“Jimin please…” Jungkook said, voice sounding so broken that it made Jimin stop. He then took in a shaky breath and turned around and found Jungkook's expression as pleading as his voice.

“What?” Jimin asked, expression irritated.

“Can you just sit here please?” Jungkook asked patting the space beside him on the bed.

Jimin's eyes flickered from the space Jungkook patted and at Jungkook's hopeful face. In all honesty Jungkook didn't deserve an ounce of acknowledgment or attention. That is what Jimin had been doing all these days since they came here, ignoring Jungkook's existence.

But now it was becoming quite difficult as Jungkook was practically crumbling right before his eyes and the part of him that loves but denies that love was hurting just the same. Watching the one you love crumbling down was taking a toll on him too in a way, so Jimin silently went and sat on the bed and placed his legs up and folded his hands with the same glare in place on his face.

Even though he was glaring at Jungkook and making it look like he doesn't give a fuck about Jungkook, internally he had tons of questions to ask but couldn't bring himself to speak them out loud. He can't let his dead family down by warming up with their killer.

Jungkook gave a small smile as he saw him sitting down and he shifted quickly and placed his head on Jimin's thighs. Lying down he smiled at Jimin a bit brighter.

“I'm outta here” Jimin said, trying to get up but Jungkook wound his right hand around his waist, holding him down.

“Just...stay” Jungkook pleaded, making Jimin sigh and settle properly.

Jimin's breath hitched when he saw Jungkook turn around and bury his face in his stomach. He was practically like a kitten, or a very large bunny who's curled up on his lap. Jimin almost chuckled at the sight.

Soon enough he heard Jungkook's breath even out, indicating he's fallen asleep. That immediately made a huge relief wash all over him, he knew how badly Jungkook needed sleep. His fingers were itching to touch the sleeping elder. Jimin tried his best to fight the urge but then assured himself by pointing out that Jungkook is asleep so he won't know of the care he's about to show.

Smiling, Jimin ran his fingers through Jungkook's hair, which visibly relaxed Jungkook more as he buried his face deeper in Jimin's sweater. Jimin wondered what made Jungkook lose sleep like this and wake up in panic. He thought maybe it's his family who's haunting his dreams, which he concluded was well deserved by Jungkook. But he also knew that there were probabilities of it being something else too. Only way to know was to ask him.