V. Lost Purity

~~~~My life was in jeopardy, I couldn't just give that up

~~~~
My life was in jeopardy, I couldn't just give that up. It's not like a 12 year old girl is capable of making smart decisions.
~
(December 3rd 2025)

"I swear if you tell anyone. Anyone at all I will kill you! Keep testing me Rowan and watch how I put your little ass in place. I'll keep you in the basement and never let you see daylight again"

...

Waking up in cold sweats, I sat up from my pillow and looked around my dark room frantically. I held on my neck to feel if it was still in tact or not, relieved when I realized I was still very much alive. For months now I was being haunted by him, even in my sleep. Just the other day, I had this terrible nightmare where he finally killed me after he found out my mother knew.

I was terrified of him. I didn't even recognize him anymore. Just five years ago I looked at him as a potential father. Now...he's just the devil I share a house with.

I wiped my face of sweat and took a deep breath to lay back down. I just needed some sleep. At least in my sleep I wasn't being abused by my step-dad.

(Following afternoon)

After school and practice, I finally came home around maybe 6:50 and just before my curfew at 7. I stayed out as much as I could. The least amount of time in this house, the better.

As I walked up to my house, an unusual black car and police cruiser were parked out on the curb. My curious mind wanted to know what happened. Was he being sent to jail?

Opening the door, I walked in on a conversation, stopping them both from talking to Terrance who stared at me coldly.

"Well hello there, you must be Rowan" the white lady in black said, coming over to greet me.

"Hi" I said shyly.

"You mind if I can have a chat with you in the dining room, dear. I just have a few questions to ask"

*

"I'm miss Lindsey and I am here on the counts of your mother contacting us about the possibility of there being...abuse in this household by your step father over there. So honey, tell me what's going on" she said, sitting across from me.

The officer held Terrance hostage by the archway to the dinning room. I could see him staring so coldly at me as I sat there facing both him and the social worker.

"I just...um–"

"Did mister Smallwood ever hit you?"

"Yes..." I confessed, seeing him look up.

"And was this for disciplinary reasons or just...out of the norm, sweetie?"

"Sometimes both..."