XIX. A Man's Word

~~~Still til this day, I am in debt to him for what he did for me~

~~~
Still til this day, I am in debt to him for what he did for me
~

With a blanket around my trembling body, we both sat face to face in his bedroom. He looked at me from a fold-up chair and stared at me and my clear injuries. "Who did this to you?" He finally asked.

I looked away. "My step dad..."

"What's his name?"

"Terrance Smallwood.."

"What happened?" He asked next.

"I don't know–I was just sleeping in my bed and...he just slapped me and started attacking me. This isn't the first time he's...beaten me up like this, he's been abusing me ever since I was a little girl. But tonight he just attacked me because...I posted some pictures on my gram he didn't like. He thought I wanted attention from other guys, which I do and that made him mad–"

"Why would that make him mad?"

"Because he...owns me and I let him. I'm like his personal slave *cries* and I can't get out. He beats me, he hits me, he rapes me, he tortures me,....he touches me and...he loves it. I am his in his eyes and that's why he got so fucking upset. He just came into my room...and attacked me mercilessly,...then he...raped me on my bed right afterwards for the millionth time in my life with him"

I broke down not too long after my disgusting confession. I just couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't. When I started to cry really bad, I could feel Roy coming over to hug me. I cried on top of him for a few seconds until I feared that I just made the biggest mistake of my life all over again. The last time I tried to get away, he invaded my temple and brought me so much pain. I can't imagine what he would do to me once he woke up and I wasn't there.

He would find us and kills us both the next day. All the outcomes of him finding me started to haunt me as I cried in Roy's arms. I was so terrified of the consequences and thus I broke down mentally. "I—I can't stay here..." I said, pushing him away to get back home in time.

"What? Why?" He got up.

"I have to go back before he wakes up–this was a stupid idea" I told him, shaking my head.

"No the fuck you're not going back there" he grabbed my arm before I could open his door.

"Let go of me Roy! Please! If I'm not there when he gets up–....he'll do it again...and again" I pleaded and begged.

"If you go back he'll keep doing it again and again!"

"Royal please– you don't understand" I cried and lost all hope at that very moment.

He managed to get in front of me and blocked the door with his body. "Why do you wanna go back to him Rowan! He hurt you like this! Don't tell me what I don't understand, when you're the one who fucking needs to understand someone who's trying to fucking help you!" He yelled at me.