What If: RoJoe

Ta'joe and Rowan below, enjoy 👀

Okay, so we all gag at the relationship between Rowan and Ta'joe but we have to remember how sweet things were in the beginning of the book

Okay, so we all gag at the relationship between Rowan and Ta'joe but we have to remember how sweet things were in the beginning of the book. He was innocent back then and had the hugest crush on Rowan first. The first ever! She never gave him the time or day, much like what Lauren did to Roy but...

Let's change that, shall we 😏
~
Instead of Rowan leaving West with her parents at age 7, let's say she left when she was 9. Terrance took his time marrying Rowan's mom but they still moved.
~
//September 2022//
[Ta'joe's Pov] age 10

Staring at her from across the lunch table with her friends, I couldn't get enough of Rowan Williams in my 4th grade class. I was crushing so hard but I damn sure couldn't let her know that. I was out of her league like every other female I tried to holler at back then. I thought I was ugly, undesirable and unworthy to be with a beautiful woman. None of the girls were interested in me in 4th grade and many of the grades to come. How could I ever get a girlfriend.

I remember thinking she was the one for me, even at a young age. The hell I knew about long-term relationships and love, I just liked her appearance and attitude. Just something about the way she carried herself turned me on. I got nervous every time we stood inches away from each other.

Afraid of confrontation and rejection, I found myself writing her notes in secret and sticking them in her cubby. Saying...

"Hi, I think u r really pretty" or "I like you but I know you don't like me"

That went on and on until she figured out I was the one writing to her. I begged shawty not to tell anyone and she didn't but used me for other things. I had no problem carrying her book bag or stealing her an extra snack at lunch, a nigga was happy just to even be talking to her.

//September 20th//

Sitting alone in the corner while my class had free time, I looked around with no one to talk to. I was a loner with no friends. Not even the other boys in my class wanted anything to do with me. I just stayed to myself and played with one of the mutant ninja turtle toys my dad got me before he went to jail last year.

"Hey, fat boy" Rowan teased and walked up to me.

I smiled at the sight of her. "Hi, ugly"

She sat down besides me and snatched my toy away just like that. "Why you playing with dolls?" She laughed.

"It's not a doll! Give it back!" I fought her for it.

"Ta'joe plays with dolls! Ta'joe plays with dolls!" She sang out loud as I wrestled her to the ground playfully and took my toy back.

"Shut up! It's not a doll, it's called an action figure" I said.