XXXV. Ta'Joe

~~~~~

~~~~~

"So talk to me, how's it been since you moved over to the East?" He asked as we still sat down on his couch.

"I mean, West is where I was born and was raised but...East is my home. I actually live in Central though. That way I'm not involved with all the shit that goes on down there–"

"That brings me to my next question. How is it that you live– well lived in East but never got sucked into the gang life. I see you posting with guns and weed but that's the norm for most people. Did you ever encounter the BHM?"

Adjusting my position on his couch, I cleared my throat as I thought of something to say. "Well yeah but...I never...got involved in any of that gang...thug life" I lied.

"Mmm" he hummed as he looked at me. I really hope he didn't see that I was lying. "That's kind of...strange, you know. Being in East and the BHM doesn't bother you? I didn't know they were so friendly with sharing land with others"

"Beats me, I just look the other way when I see them around. I don't want no smoke"

"Pssf, those niggas ain't nothing to be afraid of. I done tangled with a lot of em and only got a few scratches in return. I can't stand those niggas over there. Swear they bomb because they own Fruitvale and shit. Anyone can own a damn train station" he chuckled.

"So you're a full blown Red now, huh? What's that like? Being in a gang?" I asked, playing dumb and crossing my legs.

"I've been with the Reds ever since I was maybe 15 years old. I got tired of them walking over me so I stood up to one of em, and earned my respect to actually be one of them. I'm not the highest rank in the crew but I'm up there now. I'm one of Frisco's right hands. We went way back and I agree with his plan to wipe out all them Blackies and chinks from our city"

In my head, I was cursing him out from such a heartless and cruel desire but I couldn't speak out in a situation like this. If he only knew that the Brotherhood and BDG were my life day in and day out. He'd know that I would never let such a thing happen. I don't even think the Reds could come close to taking us out, but maybe there was something I don't know. What if they have the upper hand somehow...

"Damn. That's....interesting–"

"Yeah it is. Mark my words because I won't stop until Oakland is secure for our people. And if you tryna be my girl, I'm a need you to support me on that. What do you say to becoming a Red now? You know West was always your home first"

"I –....I don't think I wanna be. I'm not into all that shooting and gaining territory stuff but I'll support you, babe" I said, trying to sugar coat "No" in the beat way I could. ...if only he knew...

//December 18th, 2 months later//