XXIII. Sex with Me

~~~

~~~

After signing the deed of Terrance's property over to a construction company in the city, I made quite a pretty penny for it. I sold his car, his clothes, his valuables and ran off with the cash to rebuild my own life. I brought a little apartment in Bella Vista to start off and started paying off my new Jeep Wrangler I signed off for as well. I brought some new clothes of course and just took a few days off to process having a house to myself finally without any fear.

All because of that bastard's money.

But even with....$50,000 dollars in hand, a new house and car, I still...felt like I was missing something. Something that couldn't be brought no matter how much money I had in the bank. Something that I started to...desire again, something that I haven't felt in a long time. Something that most of all the women around me had already to single me out from the crowd of loneliness.

And that was...a man.
~
//February 14th, weeks later//

"So what were you planning on doing for valentine's day, Rowan?" Jazi asked as she drove us from the mall's parking lot.

Ugh. The worst day if you were single, it really was a drag. I felt like I was in school all over again..
~

"Might pop a bottle and take a nap honestly. What else could I do since I don't have a man to do something with?" I said, holding my smoking cigarette out the window.

"Why don't you go meet someone at a club or something, have a one night stand...shit–If I didn't have Jazir, I'd be at the male strip club"

"Man, that sucks that you're single, Ro. You sure you're not talking to anyone right now?" Bubbles asked from the backseat.

"Just a nigga in my Dms but...the real man I want....–I don't think I should confess how I feel yet. It might freak him out and I hate crying in front of niggas" I said, playing with my fingers.