LIX. Signs

~~~~~~~~I needed to get my trauma of abuse out of my head to finally move forward in my life

~~~~~~~~
I needed to get my trauma of abuse out of my head to finally move forward in my life. Terrance caused more damage than I thought he did. I thought that was over, being helpless to those same situations assholes put me in. I don't know why I could never fight back...
~
//2 days later//
[Rowan's Pov]

Walking in through the door, I closed it behind me and walked in on Aanyah playing in Roy's hair. I smiled of course because it was too cute not to, but these two became inseparable overnight. We all know how much Aanyah loved Roy when she was a baby, now that that's her dad...she's been a daddy's girl ever since.

"Hey" Roy said with one eye as he sat down on the hotel floor.

"Hey, look at you two" I smiled. "It didn't take long for her to like you again"

"I know right, but I'm in love with having a daughter, man. How was the house though?"

"I liked it. It was nice and spacious for the both of us and I can afford the rent. She gave me the keys once I paid the first down payment and that was that. I can finally move out of this hotel. Thank you for...helping me, Roy. I promise I'll pay you back"

"Nah, I don't want anything in return. Money ain't an issue because I trap for a living, you know. I'm just taking care of mine. Let's go get your stuff though so we can get y'all settled in"

I gave him a look. "Roy, you don't have to go with me...."

"If you think I'm a let you go there by yourself, you must be crazy. I'm sure he'll love to see me again" he smiled.

*

After dropping Aanyah off at my mom's house, Roy took me up to the Queen Anne neighborhood to go get my stuff from Marcus. As we pulled up, my stuff was already outside in big black plastic trash bags to make things easier. Roy got out to load those into the truck he rented, along with Aanyah's furniture. Me myself took a quick sweep of the rest of the house and found a few things missing that Marcus forgot to put downstairs. An hour or two went by and Roy was done with moving me out and Marcus coincidentally came home.

It was just as I came out that I saw him storming up to me. "I told you not to come today" he said.

I looked into his eyes with remorse, seeing exactly why he didn't want me to come today. His eye was black and his lip and nose were busted with dried up blood. He failed to look at me straight after that.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing–..." He said lowly, seeming ashamed.

"Yo! I'd back the fuck up if I were you, blood. You wouldn't want to have another accident, would you?" Roy said from the car.

I read the signs immediately. "I'm sorry he hurt you, I had no idea..."

He took Roy's advice and gave me some space. "You don't need to apologize, I'm the one who's sorry for losing my cool on you, Rowan. I'm sorry I put my hands on you, I know your past and...I'm a monster for making you go through that again. My mama ain't teach me that but I was so mad at you. I'm so hurt by what you did and how this all went down. I lost everything because of this, not only you and....who I thought was my little girl but my family....my job...my status. I have nothing now, so take what you want because I want nothing to do with you or...ya baby daddy anymore. Please just leave me alone"