XXXII. Looking Out

~~~~As the days went on, we started falling back into old habits and

~~~~
As the days went on, we started falling back into old habits and....yeah– we fucked around. Once I was nearing 100%, we started acting like a couple as usual but of course with no labels. I still don't know why I never asked Roy myself to be my man personally.

I think I was afraid of rejection or ruining what we have already. I just wanted him to be as ready as I was...

But like every other man, he was just satisfied with the sex we had and me being stupidly in love with the guy, sure I'd let him hit🤷🏽‍♀️
~
//A month later, July 5th//
[Rowan's Pov]

By this time, I was fully recovered from being shot in the chest by Molly's ex boyfriend. He was put to rest months ago but thankfully I was able to recover and go back to being me. From all those days resting, my skills are looking a bit rusty when it comes to gunning down someone, but hopefully I should catch up.

As for me and Roy, we're personal still. Ever since he...confessed to loving me–maybe and once again saving my life, we've been spending a lot of time together. I don't see him every day but when I do, I just feel like...the world stops and it's just us against everyone. It freaks me out that I feel this way about him but...I do. I love him..and there's no denying that.

*
//7:45 pm//

"Breaking News. New details have surfaced during the investigation of the homicide that happened in the East Shaffer apartments this evening. The victim, now identified as Rahim Holden was at home on the 4th floor of this apartment building when the unidentified suspect knocked down his door and invaded his home. Neighbors heard cries and gun shots fired, leaving the father of one dead in his living room and the suspect nowhere to be found. We will update you as soon as possible on this ongoing investigation, stay with us–"

Looking back at Roy with my arms folded, he looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. "Why you giving me that look? Yeah, I did it and he should've minded his business"

"Mmm mm mm" I shook my head and went back over to my closet.

"Yo come check this shit out, though" he called me over.

"What is it?" I asked, stopping what I was doing to climb on the bed next to him.

He showed me what he recovered from that guy's apartment today and why he murdered him in the first place. Suspicious emails, information, pictures of Roy with Lauren, me, Mike, Molly, JBar....even Reese. In the emails, the conversation went back and forth about a mission called Opp 3.

"Opp 3? What do you think that is?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Who knows, if only I'd known this before I killed him, I could've gotten an answer to explain"