XXIX. A Loss

~~~~You know, I lost a lot of people I cared about coming up but

~~~~
You know, I lost a lot of people I cared about coming up but...losing Reese still stings till this very day...
~
//April 17th//

After hearing the news of Reese going suspiciously missing, I joined the crew at the House and sat there nervously along with Bubbles in my arms. Just this afternoon, she told me about the pregnancy and I congratulated her on it but...now...her baby daddy's missing.

"His phone could've died or maybe he got lost..." I said, trying to console her as she shook in my arms, worrying.

"He lived here his entire life, Rowan. How could he get lost and he would've contacted me by now. I just got this.....gut feeling that–....that something happened. He said he was making a stop before we hung up, he sound kind of...worried too–" she said as both me and Ebony rubbed her back for comfort.

Suddenly the front door open and in came in the cops and the rest of the search party. All wearing sad faces, I started to feel my stomach drop in the dire moment. "Is there a...Chole –"

"Yes! Did you find him!? Is he in jail?" She stood up frantically.

The officer looked away and licked his lips nervously. "Ma'am, I'm afraid...your boyfriend was found...dead at scene we investigated. If you could come to the station with me to confirm his identity–"

I retracted my hands and sat back against the cushions, watching as the news hit the whole room all at once when people started cursing, crying and sighing. But...when Chloe started breaking down and fell to her knees in tears, my heart broke for her. Ebony and Molly grabbed her and pulled her into a hug immediately.

Me?

I just...sat there. Thinking that there was no way in hell Reese was gone...just like that. I just saw him the other day...so happy to finally be a father and with such a good woman...

Hearing his former girlfriend crying took over the entire room, it was heartbreaking. Before I knew it, I was wiping tears from my eyes and hiding my face. Why did it have to be him...
He didn't deserve to go so soon.....and his baby–...his baby will never get to meet him as their father.

"You tell us who killed our brother!" Cole said to the police officer, stepping up as G held him back from doing anything rash.

And then it hit me. Royal was the last to hear about what happened and...I'll never forget the side of him I saw when the pain was just too much. It was a hard time for all of us.
~
//The following day//

Reese was said to have been killed by two crooked cops that day that did not show him mercy when he surrendered. It broke everyone's heart to find him dismembered like a fucking doll that same day. I couldn't sleep the whole time it was going down when I saw what was left of my ex...