22

It was awkward.

All that could be heard was the sound of Niall munching on his food in the diner, while Louis stared down at his lemonade. It was the only thing he had gotten since he didn't eat anymore. Apparently, Harry was the same way because he just sat their glumly without even a glass of water.

Harry, of course, couldn't be seen and it made Louis confused. How come Niall could, but Harry couldn't? Weren't they the exact same thing?

Well, Louis and Niall talking to the blank spot next to Louis was making passing people look concerned, so Louis pretended they were speaking into a speaker phone on his cell.

Louis was so bored that he actually started to wonder where the food Niall was eating went. Did it just float down into an empty hole? His insides weren't even functional since he was dead.

What was this life Louis lived?

"So..." Louis choked out awkwardly, deciding to break the awkward silence. "What's the plan?"

"What plan?" Niall asked between chomps and bites. Louis blinked at him.

"Um...the plan we were on to in the forest?" He replied. Niall shrugged.

"Oh I don't know." Louis started to feel quite aggravated with Niall.

"But I thought we were all on the same page!" Niall rolled his eyes.

"Louis, we don't need you to help us. You're human anyways. We can just do this thing on our own." Louis blinked in shock.

"W-What?" Niall sipped his coke.

"Just saying. Don't get yourself involved in our biz, ya know?"

Louis' blood was boiling.

"I didn't even want to get involved! You both just came into my life and now I'm stuck with this! Don't tell me you don't need me when you clearly show you do."

"You were just a part of the plan to get to Harry." Niall said blandly. "He's the one that matters, no you." Louis felt tears well up in his eyes. He flung up from his seat.

Fine. He thought someone actually needed and cared about his input but apparently not. Maybe he was being a drama queen, but he didn't care. Niall's bland words were heartbreaking.

"Fine then. I'll just go."

"Louis wait for me!" Harry called, quickly standing up. Louis just shook his head and pushed him away.

"No, don't bother. Niall needs you, remember?"

He stormed out of the diner, letting the door slam shut on his way out.

~

Harry was enraged.

"WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT??!" Harry shouted, after Niall made himself invisible to humans who couldn't see spirits, so he didn't have to pay the bill for the food.

"Because," Niall said matter-of-factly. "It's true."

"It's not! I need Louis." Harry glared daggers into Niall's soul. "I really don't like you." Niall shrugged.

"That's okay. I don't need you to like me, you know." Harry's non-flowing blood boiled.

"Well...well..." Niall waited patiently and smugly.

Suddenly, an idea sparked into Harry's mind.

"Well then I'm not going to help you. I don't like your attitude anyways." Harry got up and stared to walk out of the diner. The smug look on Niall's face was wiped clean off. Harry smirked as he walked away.