29

Harry reached for Louis, wanting to hold him so he could tell him everything was going to be okay.

Louis pulled away, and instead stared at the pool of blood that Harry might've accidentally forgot to clean up before he left for Hell. Louis didn't say anything. He just sat there.

Sometimes silence is worse than words.

"Louis?" Harry asked quietly. Louis didn't reply. Nervous, Harry decided to tell him the truth. "I didn't leave you. I left because Zayn told me the only way he would set you free is if I killed your other two sisters. I know you cared about them, but I care about you. I wanted you safe. I know this is all my fault. I shouldn't have brought you with me to Hell in the first place. I didn't know Niall was capable of being that evil, and of course Zayn too." He paused, waiting for a response.

Nothing.

"Lou—" Before Harry could finish, Louis interrupted him coldly.

"You want me to believe, that Zayn gave two sh#ts about my family here on Earth, told you to kill them, and then would miraculously set me free?" Louis looked like he was going to lose it, so Harry had to be careful with his choice of words.

"Yes," He spoke softly. "He was mad at me because I refused to love him back. He wants to make my life miserable...to draw us apart," Harry reached for Louis' hand, but Louis yanked it away. Harry let his hands fall limply to the cold, wooden floor. Nonetheless, he continued. "I love you and that's what makes him so jealous. He thought that if he couldn't get my love, no one would. That's why he did all of this." Harry gestured hesitantly around them, although there was nothing but innocent blood on Harry's behalf.

"I'm sorry," The curly haired boy couldn't help but sob. "I just wanted you back! I swear I was going to leave them alive, but...but—I care about you! I can't live with myself knowing that I'll never see you again, and knowing that you're somewhere in Hell suffering with the worst person in the whole universe." He sniffled. How pathetic he was, confessing his love to someone who would never love him back.

"Leave." It was a cold command coming from Louis. Not wanting to make him mad, Harry just nodded his head wordlessly. He slowly pushed himself off of the floor and wrapped his arms around himself.

"I love you." Harry whispered before he walked out of the room. He slipped down the stairs and was out the door in seconds. He went over to the graveyard and sat down on one of the stones, curled up into a ball. He hid his face into his knees and cried.

Back to living alone.

~

Louis was enraged.

How could Harry lie to him like that? Was Louis supposed to believe the little petty lies that Harry used to try and save himself? This was all part of his plan all along. Louis was surprised that Harry hadn't killed him already. Or, at least tried.

This was all part of Harry's stupid little promise to himself. He needed a lame excuse to kill the rest of Louis' family. Louis couldn't even think straight because he was trembling with anger.

And sadness. He pressed his hands into the blood and cried into it. For a second he thought Harry loved him. Now he knew everything was just a lie. And how pathetic Louis was, crying over the monster who killed all four of his sisters, instead of crying on their behalf. They were all gone. Everyone was gone.

Louis was officially alone.

~

Autumn was on the bridge of leaving, the fresh start of winter just a few weeks away. You could feel the coldness in the wind. Soon, snow would fall from the heavy clouds. On most days the sun would be far away.