31

Harry woke up the next day feeling warm and fuzzy.

When he turned on his side and saw Louis curled up next to him, he automatically smiled and snuggled closer to him. Being under the covers of a comfy bed was much better than sleeping in his corner or on the couch in the living room.

Harry was content.

There wasn't anything left he had to worry about, he assumed. Zayn already tortured him enough and Niall wasn't coming back anytime soon. The only thing he needed was for Louis to warm up to him more like they were before.

Oh. And there was one thing.

Harry only had one secret left that he was keeping from Louis. It wasn't a coincidence that Harry had almost run into Louis once, a long time ago.

Louis could not find out Harry's most prized secret.

If he had known back then, he wouldn't have done anything. But he knew he was in too deep and Louis was too fragile to know anything. He would be too mad at Harry and would yell at him. And Harry HATED being yelled at.

He just wanted peace with Louis, although sometimes you have to hit rough edges in order to feel peace. Harry hoped that Louis would never find out.

One other thing also worried Harry. Now that Louis had a job at whatever new place he was hired at, he may be making new friends that could have an attraction towards his Louis, whether they were male or female. And no one was allowed to touch his Louis except him.

But of course, he knew what he'd do if they tried to touch him. He knew how to take care of it. Like he had told Louis before, there's a tape for everyone.

Especially in this town.

~

"Harry," Louis sighed. "You don't need to keep making me food. I can cook." Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" Louis blushed.

"Yes!" He said defensively. Harry shrugged.

"I like to spoil you. Besides, I still feel bad." Louis tensed immediately which caused Harry to frown. "Sorry I brought it up." He mumbled.

"It's fine." Louis said shortly, although the air was very thick.

Later that day, Louis had to work his first shift which was only four hours, since he was 16 years old. Harry asked if he could come, but Louis begged him not to.

"I just need my space every once in a while, okay?" Harry frowned. "Please, Haz. It doesn't mean I don't care about you." The nickname made Harry flush and he finally promised not to come. Louis smiled gratefully.

"Have fun." Harry mumbled. Louis kissed Harry on the cheek softly which made Harry blush even more.

"Thanks babe. See you in four hours." Harry smiled weakly at him.

"Yeah. See you."

Four hours was way too long.

~

When Louis got to work, he was relieved to see Liam by the counter where people cash out. He immediately smiled and greeted Louis with a wave when he saw him.

"Ready for your first day?" Liam asked cheerfully. Louis rubbed his hands on his uniform nervously.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Liam laughed when he saw how nervous Louis was.

"Relax, mate. You're just going to work the counter today." Louis let out a breath of relief.

"That sounds easy. Thanks." Liam put a thumbs up.