30

Harry was tired.

That night he had slept on the couch to avoid Louis. When he woke up, Louis was gone with no note of where he currently was. So Harry just got up and forced himself to eat a human breakfast.

Life didn't seem so kind to him.

~

Louis tapped his fingers nervously as the man glanced over his application. He shoved his loose glasses up further and trembled in his wrinkly dress shirt and baggy dress pants. He didn't even have dress shoes so he went with some toms and hoped that it matched.

This was not the real Louis.

But the real Louis who wore sweatpants and oversized sweaters was not going to get him a job at the prestige music store in downtown Cheshire. He needed to pretend to be some stuck-up private university boy who was dedicated to music all his life. When really, he was just the opposite.

Louis had never been to university and didn't even finish high school. The shady guy who sold him the house didn't ask questions, he just sold it for a cheap price. Now Louis knew why.

It didn't matter because the application and the fake ID he had were both stating otherwise, and while playing dress up in his room he actually thought he looked somewhat professional in his attire. Somewhat.

The toy store Louis originally worked at was eventually shut down after being a crime scene, after Alex's death (who was an employee there). Louis knew who killed Alex and was thankful when his boss protected him as a non-suspect. Eventually, when the case was deemed as a mystery, Louis' boss shut the toy store down and closed it for good. So now Louis needed a new job.

The man hadn't said anything in a long time, and Louis was starting to get really nervous. Why? He had no idea. There were plenty of other places in Cheshire that he could apply to. But this one was fancy and attractive, and it would get his mind of everything sh^tty that was going on in his life.

The man sighed and folded the papers nicely. He glanced up at Louis who was secretly fidgeting with his fingers under the desk. The man leaned forward in his chair and clamped his hands together. Louis waited anxiously for his response.

"I like you, kid." Louis' heart swelled hopefully. "But you're timeline for your musical studies doesn't add up." Louis' heart fell. He swallowed thickly and nodded his head.

"I understand." He spoke hoarsely. All of a sudden, a boy with brown hair and soft brown eyes popped into the office. The man glared at him.

"I'm in the middle of an interview, Liam." The boy, Liam, looked to be around Louis' age. He didn't seem phased by the man's remark. He just smiled and laughed.

"All the more reason to barge in. Who's this?" A bit of jealousy sparked in Louis as he saw Liam wearing the uniform for the prestige studio/shop. This b**ch was Louis' age and was accepted. How unfair.

"This is none of your business. Now get out." Liam rolled his eyes and took a seat next to Louis. He snatched the application and resumé from the man's hands (whom Louis couldn't remember the name of) and read it to himself. Louis' cheeks flushed.

"Excuse me, but that's private!" Louis snatched the papers away. Liam shrugged.

"Looks good to me," He turned to the man. "Is he hired?" The man's cheeks turned red. He opened his mouth to decline the idea, but Liam's eyes grew big and he stuck put his bottom lip, pouting. Louis was in astonishment when the man spoke,

"He is now." He grumbled it under his breath, but Louis still heard it. Louis was shocked! He couldn't believe he just got hired!

When the man dismissed them, Louis turned to Liam and couldn't help but ask,