41

•a few days later•

"HARRY!" Louis called, jumping up and down with a red bow in his hands. Harry hurried down the hall, white sparkles covering his over-sized sweater.

"Yes?" He looked less excited than Louis did.

"Will you help me put the bow on the tree?" Harry looked Louis up and down.

"Did you forget you gained at least an inch or two on me?" Louis smiled.

"I know. I want to boost you up on my shoulders! When my family was alive, we used to take turns each year with the honour of putting the bow on the tree. Since you've never celebrated before, I thought this year you could do the honours!" Louis beamed. Harry flinched at the dark twist hidden in his words. Louis should've been celebrating Christmas and his birthday with six human family members, not a non-religious demon. Harry forced a weak smile onto his face.

"Alright." He walked over and Louis lifted up the boy's small frame onto his shoulders.

"Geez, you're light." Louis breathed as he handed the bow to Harry. Harry's pale, bony fingers took the bow and fixed it onto the top of the tree.

"Thanks." He said dryly. Louis smiled.

"You're so cheerful." Harry shrugged as Louis placed him back down to the floor.

"Am I going to have to write in cursive on a letter to pretend to be Santa?" He asked flatly. Louis laughed and poked Harry's cheeks.

"No, no. Of course not." Louis wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Then I'm not leaving cookies and milk under the tree for him." Louis smiled up at the curly-haired boy.

"You're a little grinch, aren't you?" Louis teased. "Don't worry, babe. I already know that Santa doesn't exist." Harry blinked.

"He doesn't?" Louis slapped his forehead.

"I can't believe you."

"What?" He asked innocently. Louis shook his head.

"You're too much."

"I'm covered in sparkles." Harry randomly said. Louis dusted them off of his boyfriend's sweater.

"I can see that." He said, hiding another smile.

"I don't like it."

"Why not? It suits you!" Harry pouted.

"Help me get them off."

"Nah."

"Hey!" Harry tackled the boy to the floor, and they tumbled around, bumping into the furniture in the living room. "You minx!"

"Get off of me! I can't breathe!" Louis wheezed dramatically.

"Make me." Harry threatened, straddling him. Louis panted.

"You wish." Harry turned his head to the side.

"I guess I'll stay here as long as I want to, then." Louis frowned.

"Get off!"

"Not until you kiss me."

"Never!"

"Then I won't get off."

"Stop! I'm serious, Harry."

"As am I. Now kiss me you fool." He joked, dimples on full display.

Louis pouted but grabbed Harry by the collar of his sweater and pulled him down, crashing his lips to his. He kissed him hungrily, smiling into it. Harry opened his mouth hopefully, and Louis slipped his tongue inside. This made Harry happy. Very happy.