Yours Forever

Summary: "Maybe one day we'll be out," Zayn says thoughtfully. "Me and Liam... You and Jade." Jade feels lonely and sad while Perrie's out with Zayn. Fluffy one-shot.

Jade shouldn't be jealous, and she knows this. She knows it's fake, knows it's all for publicity, and Perrie's told her a million times how she'd rather be spending her time with Jade.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't suck for Jade to see her girlfriend parading around with Zayn, holding hands and kissing and acting couple-y. Jade watches them and thinks how that should be her- it should be her riding a scooter with Perrie, it should be her shopping with Perrie, should be her pressing her lips against Perrie's.

But it's not. Not in public anyway. At home, Perrie's all hers. At home, Perrie curls up in Jade's arms and kisses her neck and brands her love for Jade against the older girl with light kisses and loving touches and the brush of her fingertips over Jade's body.

Today, Perrie's out with Zayn again, to lunch and then shopping, while Jade sits at home alone and tries not to think. It's not that Jade doesn't like Zayn- he and Perrie have become close friends through their fake relationship, and Jade understands.

He and Perrie are going through the same things, dealing with fame and maintaining an image when neither of them were ever the type of person to hide who they truly are. Zayn and Perrie have both always been all about being true to themselves, no matter what anyone else said or thought. And both of them have to fake their relationship, while still trying to maintain their actual relationships (Zayn's with Liam and Perrie's with Jade).

It doesn't make it easy, though. It doesn't mean Jade doesn't sit at home alone and cry while Perrie's out with Zayn. It doesn't mean Jade doesn't lie awake at night praying Perrie won't leave her, praying Perrie won't realize how much easier it would be if she really were with Zayn. Because Perrie is everything to Jade, her whole world. Jade loves the blonde with all of her heart, can't remember life before Perrie.

Can't imagine life after her.

-

Perrie stops at the jewelry counter in the shop Zayn's taken her to, looking over the bracelets and necklaces in the case.

"That one would look nice on you," Zayn comments, nodding his head at a bracelet with pink and yellow jewels.

"Thanks," Perrie replies, "but I'm looking for something for Jade."

"Sweet," Zayn smiles, his eyes crinkling. The shop they're in is exactly the kind of shop Perrie would expect Zayn to shop at; it's got pipes and Bob Marley shirts and sweaters made from recycled material. Perrie loves these kinds of places, really, it's exactly her kind of store, which is one reason she's grateful that if she has to be in a fake relationship for publicity, she's glad it's with someone like Zayn.

"I know she's been getting lonely," Perrie sighs, keeping her voice low so no one hears. "What with me out all the time."

"Yeah," Zayn frowns. "I know what you mean. I hate being away from Liam so much."

"Do you ever feel like...I don't know... like you're cheating on him?" Perrie asks anxiously. Sometimes she feels that way about Jade, like she's betraying her just by fake-dating Zayn.

"Sometimes," Zayn replies. "It sucks. We should be allowed to be with who we love."

"Yeah," Perrie agrees. "But I guess this is just part of living in the public eye."

"One day we'll be out," Zayn says thoughtfully, sounding a bit distant, like maybe he's off with Liam and not here with Perrie. "Me and Liam," he goes on, looking back up at Perrie. "You and Jade."