This Melody Was Made For You

Summary: the one where Jade works at the local station and plays songs for Perrie every night

Jade knows that it's cheesy. Hell, it's probably the most cheesy thing she's ever done and that's saying something because she's Jade Thirlwall and a lot of cheesy shit is done in her life.

In her defense she didn't even start doing it on purpose. Sure she intentionally got a job at the radio station and sure she purposely played "Wanna Know You" even if it is the Hannah Montana soundtrack, the damn song was stuck in her head since Perrie brought it up earlier. It's not like she knew Perrie listened to the station, or that the girl would be listening to the station right then at all.

"Jade!" Perrie greets with a grin in their creative writing elective. They met through this class and they only ever see each other here and sometimes in the hall, but based on the lack of attendance and a few mutual friends they had gotten to talking on one of the first classes and have been sitting together every day since.

"Hey Pez, what's up?" Jade smiles back and Perrie is still grinning like she has news or something as she swings her bag under the table top and plops into her seat.

"You'll never guess what happened," Perrie starts and turns in her seat so she's facing Jade. "So now how we were talking about that random episode of Hannah Montana with David Archuleta in it yesterday? Last night when I turned on the radio it was on! Like it's the most random song but it was playing on the local college run one and I freaked out, I was going to call you but then I realized I don't have your number?"

And Jade could totally say that she was the one who played it cause she worked there, and that would completely prevent further confusion but Perrie did just as for her number, so Jade thinks maybe she should just let Perrie believe in the silly coincidence if it means her smile will stay that bright over something seemingly so small.

It happens again the next night.

Look it's not like- it's not like Jade meant to but they spent the whole class talking about Ed so how can she not play "Shape of You" and "Castle on the Hill" back to back like four times an hour? She's already listened to the rest of his music so much she has to give the new ones a shot to even it out.

And okay maybe she did play it at eight o'clock again in case Perrie listens at a specific time but- that's not- you can't think she's doing this intentionally.

"Jade," Perrie smiles as she walks in the next morning, hair in loose waves over her flannel and tight black jeans leading down to her combat boots. Jade's pretty sure Perrie still in the closet but like, dressing like that kind of shows you like girls at least a little right?

"Hey Pez," Jade replies with a blush as she notices Perrie catch her checking her out. "How's your day going so far?"

"It's good, great actually, Lana Del Rey just noticed me on twitter and like, you can't tell anyone I went to the bathroom to fangirl, but I went to the bathroom to fangirl," Perrie grins with a small blush but all the excitement in the world in her eyes.

So obviously Jade plays Lana later on. From "Video Games" to "Blue Jeans" she probably listens to every song she can find on her playlists search.

It's not even that she thinks Perrie is listening, it's mainly that she doesn't really stop thinking about her crush therefore whatever new artists Perrie brings up are always fresh in her mind when she gets to work. Plus she trusts Perrie's judgement in everything, so why not find a few new favorites.

"So I think there's a spy in here," Perrie states as she sits down the next day in creative writing, some weird paints and stuff set up in the front of the room for whatever the hell their crazy old teacher is having them do. "Like this is the third time in a row my favorite station has played the songs we talk about in this class and like, what are the odds right?"