Five A.M.

by Firebird_19

Summary: "I can hear you when you sing in the shower... I can also hear when you, well, you know, in the shower"

-

Perrie was not a morning person. Not one bit. Which is why she liked to sleep in whenever she could. Especially before heading to work; aka before she had to face the hell that was recording your own solo album.

Leigh-Anne and Jesy had taken some time before starting their own solo acts, taking a well deserved break. Which consisted of sometimes visiting Perrie at the studio while they were still in writing process.

Now, Perrie had just bought her first apartment in London. It was great. Being away from the world. She was single, she was independent and mostly she still had her friends.

Well... most of them.

Anyway, no talk of the past and what might've been.

So as I was saying Perrie loves sleeping in and relaxing. Except... there was something worming its way into her dreams.

Singing to be precise. Specifically coming from her neighbours apartment. Perrie groaned before deciding to listen.

It was muffled, but damn this girl had a beautiful voice. In fact it was incredible. And singing Taylor Swift? Although Perrie couldn't help this little niggling in the back of her mind that said she'd heard that voice before.

Perrie rolled over and caught sight of the time.

5.00am

WHO THE FUCK-

Perrie groaned and burrowed her face into her pillow, but it was too late. Her brain was awake. Therefore...

Perrie was awake at five in the morning for no reason.

----

"Ugh." Perrie groaned, stumbling into the studio with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"You alright Pez?" Leigh-Anne asked when the two girls saw Perrie making her way in.

"Yeah... just woken up early." Perrie grumbled, sitting down at the table with them.

"Oh?" Jesy asked, looking up from her phone and raising her eyebrow.

"New neighbour likes to sing in the shower." Perrie explained with a yawn.

"Damn..." Jesy shook her head.

"We know how much you like your sleep." Leigh-Anne nodded sympathetically.

"I mean she's a very good singer." Perrie said with a grin.

There was a small silence.

"She?"

"Yeah you could tell by the voice. Husky but like not enough to be a man's, also I don't know many guys who can casually hit high notes at five in the morning." Perrie said with smile.

Jesy looked at Perrie curiously and her and Leigh-Anne exchanged a look.

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing." Leigh-Anne said, leaning back on her chair with a smile.

"Someone's got a crush." Jesy mumbled as she looked back at her phone.

"I do not!" Perrie squeaked.

----

Perrie was determined to sleep this morning. It'd been a couple weeks since her new neighbour had moved in. Which meant a couple weeks of being woken up around five in the morning.