All You (Have) To Do (Is) Stay

Summary: Jade goes for a different approach. She complains about never being kissed, excessively, for the next year. Three hundred and sixty five days.

---

It's only about a week after Jade meets Perrie that she decides that this is the person who is going to get her first kiss. This is the person she wants to give it to, this is the person she can give it to and never regret it after the fact. She can just tell. What she hadn't thought out was how to make that happen. After all, most girls don't usually just ask their younger best friend to kiss them, so Jade goes for a different approach. She complains about never being kissed, excessively, for the next year. Three hundred and sixty five days.

Well, maybe it's more like three hundred and seventy nine days, because that's how many days pass before Perrie finally does it. Jade is complaining about how she's never going to get a boyfriend because she doesn't even know what a kiss feels like, again, and so Perrie leans over and kisses her, hard.

"There. Now you know."

Jade smiles because her plan worked.

She's also pretty sure that she doesn't necessarily care if she ever gets a boyfriend. She doesn't really want one now. She never really wanted one, if she's being honest.

People like you always want back the love they gave away
And people like me wanna believe you when you say you've changed

It starts like this:

Jade loves her best friends from home to death, she really does, but if she had to spend twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week with them, she would want to kill them. So when she doesn't end up wanting to kill Perrie, even though they are on tour together and in each other's faces constantly, she realizes that's probably a very special thing, and very special things are meant to be held onto.

Jade's been learning to play the guitar and Perrie is constantly scribbling down things in her journal, so one day they decide that maybe they should try to write a song. It's just for fun, until they realize they're actually pretty good at it. They don't show their stuff to anyone else though, mostly because Jade likes that it's their thing.

It's one of the group's rare days off, and it happens to also be a sunny day, so Leigh-Anne and Jesy immediately find the closest outdoor mall to wander around. Perrie and Jade chose to wander into the woods near their hotel instead, armed with only a journal and a guitar. Jade is sitting on a rock, strumming random chords while Perrie leans against the tree across from her, tapping her pen against her leg. They both currently have writers block when it comes to the bridge of the song they're working on and it's driving them crazy.

"We literally just need, like, four more lines," Perrie huffs.

"I know, I know, I know," Jade says, trying to think, "Okay, tell me about one of your favorite memories. We need some happy vibes to finish a happy song."

"I have almost eighteen years of happy memories, Jade."

"And you can't pick one?"

"Not off the top of my head!" Perrie laughs, "Um, I mean I always liked Christmas as a kid?"

"Very detailed. I feel like I was there. You're really getting the creative juices flowing," the oolder girl replies sarcastically.

Perrie rolls her eyes, picks up a twig, and launches it at the girl across from her. Jade lets out a squeal as she ducks, "Don't scuff the guitar!"

"Why don't you tell me one of your favorite memories then, since mine aren't descriptive enough," the younger girl says.

"Childhood memory? Recent memory? What do you want first?"