Royal Pursuits

Summary: It's not every day you find a princess lost on the city you call your backyard.

"Well I'm sure it's around here somewhere, I just need to walk a few more blocks and I should be all set Haz," Jade says into the phone that's pressed between her cheek and shoulder as she tries to navigate her way through the busy New York City streets without being recognized.

"Do you see anything you recognize from earlier?" Harry questions on the other end and Jade rolls her eyes under her expensive sunglasses before pulling her coat tighter around herself to shield the wind whipping around the corner.

"Oh right I didn't think of that, really Harry thank you, you're a lifesaver and I'm now eternally in debt to you," Jade snares sarcastically into the phone at the boy's obvious comment, does he really think she's that dumb? "Where between the car and the hotel did I have time to look up without being blinded by the flashing lights?" she huffs out in annoyance.

"God calm down princess I was just checking, no need to be snippy," he says light heartedly making her roll her eyes again as she looks around at her surroundings for the thousandth time before giving up and leaning against a stone wall off to the side, keeping her head down.

"I swear Styles I have no fucking clue why I put up with you sometimes," Jade teases finally relenting on her best friend and slouching against the wall even further as she scans over the busy streets and sighs.

"Because you don't have access to anyone else cause they could try to kill you or some shit," he answers casually making Jade grin before continuing, "Now tell me what's around you so I can help you get back before your mom finds out you're lost in the city you weren't supposed to go out in."

But her grin is gone and she scoffs and pushes off the wall, "I'm not lost Harry I'm just not sure where I am exactly," she realizes how stupid that sounds after it's out of her mouth but like, she's not lost, just a little bit confused that's all.

"Yeah and you're also straight as an arrow," he taunts and she rolls her eyes again despite him not being able to see her. "Now tell me what signs and stuff you see, I can send Louis and he'll get you back here in one piece," he offers and Jade is far too stubborn to accept so she chooses to stay silent, opting to instead spin around and scan again to prove that she's capable of finding her own way around.

Bad idea. Spinning that is, because she spins into someone and sends herself flying towards the ground. Luckily that someone grabs onto her waist and keeps Jade upright before she can get hurt, but Jade has heard about New York and fears maybe this person will cut off her hand for not watching where she's stepping.

"Woah there, watch your step," a raspy voice says with a chuckle as Jade tries to steady herself. The warm hands on her side help for a moment before Jade finally looks into the eyes of her savior and is overwhelmed by waves of blue that make her feel like maybe she's about to fall again. "You okay? You should really watch your step, you could've gotten hurt if some douche happened to knock you down instead."

"Umm, yeah I'm okay, sorry about that by the way," Jade starts with a stutter in her nervous voice that she immediately curses. Phone forgotten in her hand she smiles at the stranger, "Like really sorry, I just wasn't looking up, well actually I was looking up, that was where I went wrong but anyways I'm really sorry about hitting you, luckily you got good reflexes or I'd be a bit of a crying mess on the dirty ground."

And the stranger chuckles again before releasing her hold much to Jade's dismay. "I agree, wouldn't want a pretty girl like yourself hurt," she winks and Jade feels herself blush in response to the compliment, "Anywahs I have to get going, have a nice day," The blue eyed girl smiles and with that she's out of Jade's reach and walking the way she was before Jade threw herself at her.