I'm Just In Love

-(when you wake me up)

by librah on ao3

Summary: There is a word for moments like these, Jade is certain.

-

"Okay, but all I'm saying is that I think you should seriously consider it."

"All I'm saying is that me getting a tattoo of your name on my butt is a big and definite no."

Jade gently tugs on a piece of Perri'es hair. "Why not? I hear butt tattoos of your favorite person's name is becoming a huge trend nowadays, next to crop top sweaters and gas-efficient cars."

"A little presumptious of you to think you're my favorite person, Jadey." Perrie's biting back a smile.

"But I am." Jade brings a piece of hair to tickle her nose.

Perrie scrunches her face, playfully swats at Jade's hand. "Leigh-Anne's my favorite person, actually."

Jade gasps. "Is it because she brought you McDonald's last week? Because I totally would have done that."

Perrie raises an eyebrow.

"...If I wasn't so broke," Jade adds.

Perrie hums, drapes an arm across Jade waist. "Sorry, babe. I need me a girl with green in her purse."

"Green?"

"Moolah. Mucho dollars. Something you unfortunately lack."

Jade has to agree. "Yeah, that and I can't put my leg over my head."

Perrie hums again. "Oh, yeah, that too. Tell me, why am I with you again?"

"'Cuz I gots style, Edwards." Jade licks her thumbs, runs them over her eyebrows, and winks.

"Well, I'm not so sure about that."

Jade wipes her thumbs on Perrie's shirt.

"Ew!" she exclaims, tries to scoot back as far as she can in Jade's small twin bed without falling. "You suck. Leigh-Anne wouldn't treat me like this."

"Yes she would."

"Yeah, she would, actually."

"Just you wait until this whole pop star thing we got going on works out," Jade says. "I'll buy you all the food you want."

"My savior."

"Okay, but seriously." Jade puts her serious face on.

"What?" Perrie draws her eyebrows in slight worry.

"It doesn't even have to be my entire name; just maybe like, at least two of my names, or like, my initials or something."

Perrie nudges her with a laugh. "You jerk, I thought it was actually gonna be something serious!"

"This is serious, Pez. As serious as a heart attack." Jade tries to put her serious face on again but fails this time. "One day this very tattoo could just about save your life."

"How exactly?"

"Okay, stay with me here," Jade says. "So these aliens, right? These aliens come down -- Hey! I told you to stay with me! Stop laughing!" She tries to put her hand over Perrie's mouth.

"Okay, okay," Perrie says when the hand is lifted. "How would my hypothetical butt tattoo of your name be of any use to me?"

"Like I was saying, so these aliens come down and they're like, 'Greetings earthlings,' and then yadayadayada they do their whole speil, and then they're like, 'We will only spare those who have a tattoo of their lover's name on their left butt cheek. The rest will be painfully evaporated.'"