Work of Art

Summary: "Somehow my gallery sculpture looks just like you, how weird"

Jade had been in the same art class as Perrie Edwards and Jade was as terrified of the younger girl as she was two years ago.

Perhaps we should start at the beginning.

It all began two years ago, sophomore year art class. Jade was that kind of student who was quietly amazing. She'd sit in the back corner of the class and produce the type of art you see professionals wishing they could do in under an hour. To put it simply she was amazing at art and super quiet. Perrie was the opposite; most popular in the school, head of the music club and everyone wanted to date her. She was loud and pretentious and absolutely shit at art.

So while Jade was carefully working, headphones tucked deep into her ears, blasting Lana del ray into her eardrums, Perrie was laughing with her friends and flicking paint around the class. Yet somehow she never got detention, it was an unsolvable mystery. But that's not the point. The point is that Perrie and Jade are completely different people; Jade had Leigh-Anne while Perrie had Jesy and Lauren and basically everyone else at the school. Total polar opposites, like the sun and the moon. But that didn't stop Jade from crushing on the girl along with the rest of the school.

If Jade was being honest, it all truly started at the end of an art lesson two years ago. Everyone was packing up to go home for the day but Jade asked to stay so she could finish her sketch. Miss Lovato loved her so of course she said stay as long as you want. Jade was staring at her sketch with a puzzled expression, unsure of what it was missing when she felt someone behind her.

"That is fucking beautiful." Jade turned her head and her eyes widened. Perrie was standing behind her looking in awe at her sketch. It was nothing special, just a picture of a lake with a cabin on the shoreline, a place Jade visited every summer.
Jade just kind of stared at Perrie until she looked over at Jade with a smile.

"Th-thanks." Jade muttered, looking away from deep blue eyes in case she melted to goo on her chair.

"Seriously, this is... so cool." Perrie breathed. She hummed in the back of throat and pointed to a section of the sky. "This needs a bit more shading." Jade's eyes lit up, how hadn't she seen it before?

"Damn, I've been staring at this for half an hour and you come along and sort it out in a minute."
Jade laughed, leaning forward to finish her sketch.

"What can I say Jade, I've got an eye for the details." Perrie winked and spun on her heel, her skirt swishing with the movement. "See you tomorrow Thirlwall." Jade dropped her pencil once Perrie left the room.

"No seriously, Leigh, she knows my name. Like both my name's." Jade insisted to Leigh-Anne the next morning.

"You sure Jade? I mean no offense but we run in different circles to Perrie and her friends." Leigh-Anne said skeptically. Jade rolled her eyes.

"Trust me. I know what I heard." Jade said with a frown. How did Perrie Edwards know her name?

----

So that's how it all started, one brief conversation and Jade was smitten. Head over heels in love with Perrie Edwards. That leaves us with where Jade is now; senior year and final art project for the high school to be presented at the annual art gallery in a few months time. It could be whatever you want as long as it represented inspiration or something that you care deeply about.

After hearing that Jade's mind instantly set into motion. Half her brain yelled 'yes do it'. The other was like 'dude no, it's creepy'. The first half won after the argument was pitched of 'so? You'll probably never see her again'.