Rush

Summary: Jade does her best to help Perrie get over the breakup.

It's awkward.

It's weird and it's awkward. Not in a bad way, exactly. Jade still isn't completely sure what to make of it. Perrie had been with him for just about as long as Jade has known her, so it's just- weird. New. But not bad.

Well, maybe it's bad for Perrie. No, scratch that: it's definitely bad for Perrie. It's weird and it's unfamiliar but Jade knows it's going to be okay. Perrie just needs time to get used to it.

The thing is, Jade hasn't been out, like out-out, not just for promo and interviews, in weeks. She gets it, Perrie needs her right now, but why can't she need her somewhere other than her hotel bed, surrounded by half-empty bottles of white wine and chocolate wrappers? (Alright, Jade will admit that the latter is her fault. And maybe she took some of the wine for herself too.)

Anyway, they're watching Whip It because it was on demand and Jade has a crush on Alia Shawkat, plus it seemed like a good distraction. Bliss just burned Oliver's jacket after she caught him cheating and Jade's laughing because Oliver is annoying as hell.

But that's before she notices Perrie furiously rubbing at her eyes.

"Oh, no," Jade groans, pulling at her arm. "Please don't cry, Pez."

"I am not crying," Perrie says sullenly. "I'm just thinking. Remembering- stuff."

"Remembering what, asshole musicians? I'm joking," Jade says hurriedly, seeing Perrie's morose expression. "That's no good, though, is it?" she continues hesitantly. She can empathize with Perrie, really, she can- she loves her so, so much- but she doesn't know how much more of this mourning thing she can take. "There's so much to look forward to, like. Think of the future. Or something."

"I guess," Perrie huffs, crossing her arms. She doesn't look too convinced, but she doesn't look too sad either. Jade considers it a win.

"Look," she says. "There's like- I know you've heard all this before, don't roll your eyes, it's true- there's like, a whole world of opportunities or whatever. For example." She pokes Perrie's stomach, grinning. "You can sleep with whoever you want now." She decidedly ignores the Not that being in a committed relationship ever stopped him that's poised on the tip of her tongue.

Perrie plucks at a loose thread on the hem of her pajama bottoms. When she speaks, her voice is considerably smaller. "I've never really. You know."

"What?"

"Done that." Perrie glances up at Jade before returning to her assault on her shorts.

Jade's mouth is probably hanging open. She grabs the remote and pauses the movie. Alia would have to wait. "You never- are you telling me you're still a virgin? Four years and you never-"

"No, oh my god," Perrie laughs. It's nice to see her laugh, Jade thinks. She has a really beautiful smile. "No. We were dating since I was a teenager. I just never got the chance to try it with anyone else."

"Oh," Jade says, because that makes more sense. "Do you want to? Try it, I mean?"

"I don't know," Perrie says. "I guess. Yeah."

"We should do it," Jade says decisively. "Right now."

Perrie sputters. "You're joking."

"Maybe," Jade says mysteriously. She kind of is, but now that she's had a couple moments to consider it, she kind of isn't. "We might as well," she continues, leaning in and fluttering her eyelashes.

Perrie half-heartedly pushes at her shoulders. "Jade. I get that you feel sorry for me, but this isn't really necessary-"

"I don't feel sorry for you," Jade interrupts, batting Perrie's hands away. "I know how you're feeling. And I also know that you'll get over it. So let me help." She laughs, a bit awkwardly, given the situation. "It's not like it'd be a chore."